•25•

Please let me know if you spot any punctuation, spelling or grammar mistakes...

  I applied my lipstick finally, staring closely at my reflection before carefully patting down the powered brush, covering up the light freckles scattered upon my nose and part of my cheeks. As my fingers busily worked on my face, I was oblivious to the squirming form of Ryder behind me.

"Aleister?" I heard him weakly call out, startling me.

"Huh?" I turned quickly, nervously panting slightly as I watched him sit up upon his bed.

"What are you doing up? The medicine was meant to knock you out a bit" I panicked, rushing towards him.

"Yeah not kill me" chuckling dryly, he got up groggily.

"You need to rest" I advised, quickly attempting to send him back under his sheets.

"I'm fine, why are you all dressed anyway?" He swatted my hands away with a wave of his, his eyes scanning the petite slim fit black dress.

  Panicking, I bit down on my lip, possible excuses spinning around as my brain struggled to settle on one.

"Um-" a knock on the door interrupted me in my most definitely bad attempt at lying.

"Don't forget to return my curling iron after you're done, Harry and I will be ready soon!" mom informed from the other side and seconds later, her footsteps departed hurriedly.

"Are all of you guys leaving me?" He asked lowly, sounding sincerely hurt as I turned to him.

"I told them you were resting" I blurted.

"So you're making them leave me?" He asked, his face contorting in confusion.

"No uh...I mean yes" he took a crooked position with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Where?" He demanded firmly.

"D..dinner at Jason's" I whispered out, my head shamefully descending.

  Seconds later, what he did shocked me. He laughed. My eyes shot up and fixed on his nearly breathless form.

"Why didn't y'all invite me, I'll go take a shower real quick" he beamed, rushing up from his bed and quickly ambling into the bathroom.

  All I could do was to stand as still as a statue and gape at the bathroom door. I was beyond surprised at his behavior. My face then broke out into a small smile as I thought, maybe he was trying for me, I smiled.

RYDER

  As we drove, Sam kept asking me if I was fine or dizzy or even slightly nauseous but I just shrugged, telling her I was okay. I was, physically, emotionally on the other hand, I was trying hard not to break down right now.

  They are a couple now. They'll kiss, hug, cuddle and do other couple things they'll even have... no I can't think of that right now. I have to try, at least for Aleister's sake.

   We all finally arrived a few minutes later and after quickly double checking if I was still feeling sick by Sam, we all approached the front door with Aleister leading the way with a radiant grin on his face.

"Coming!" We'd knocked and a little kid's voice replied.

   The door was thrown open but not entirely, standing on the other side was a little kid, no doubt it was Jason's brother. They had the same deep greens but red curly hair instead of brown.

"Jason!" The kid called out excitedly, letting us in politely.

  An older looking red head suddenly appeared from where I assumed was the kitchen. Her face was dolled up in make up but the creases adorning her smile were not too invisible and you could tell it wasn't from aging but from stress.