43 | Unbelievable

Start from the beginning

He lifts his hand taking his mask off very slowly. Once his face mask was off I was quite disappointed.

"I'm sorry and you are?" I ask in a cold tone.

"Will Reynolds... leader of the Vipers."

"Never head of ya." I spat leaning my head against the tree. Trying to low key loosen the ropes.

"I'm an old friend of your father." He adds.

"Course you are." I comment, completely bored out of my mind. "Now can you tell me what the hell it is you want? So my friend and I can go."

"I want all of the information you have on the Unknown. Where they are, who they are, and what they have."

I stared at him for a few moments before bursting into laughter.

"What's so funny?"

"When you find someone with that kind of information... let me know." I wink at him and the veins on his neck come to life. I could feel the ropes loosening a bit. Damn it feels good to mess with people.

"I'm not playing around kid. I know your gang has been snooping around the Unknown. If you don't tell me now, your little girlfriend will get it." Will pokes his cane in my stomach.

"You don't touch my girlfri- I mean my friend." I correct myself, looking him in the eyes.

I watch Will bring his fingers to his mouth slightly blowing. Zaya is shoved into sight, several feet away, with a gun pressed to her head.

"I swear to god-"

"Here's how it's gonna go." He grabs my slightly bruised jaw. "You'll tell me about the Unknown and I'll maybe let your girlfriend live."

If I tell him, her whole family could be at risk. If I don't tell him, she'll die.

"I don't know anything."

"Bullshit!" I watch Zaya being pulled back behind the tree.

"Look I told you, I don't know anything. We research but we always hit a dead end. These guys are professional, they ain't idiots like some." I try to reason but that only made him angrier.

Come on ropes. Come on.

"I don't like to be lied to, Rainer."

"I don't like to be held against my will, Will." I tease with a smirk.

"That's it, Since you think I'm a joke. Then I'll just show you how dead serious I am." In one swift move he brings his fingers to his lips, whistling. The sound of a firearm echoes throughout the forest.

It was like the entire world slowed down. Watching her body fall to the ground, my body go numb, finally breaking free from the ropes.
I lunge my entire body into Will. Grabbing his silver cane, holding it against his neck until there was no life left in his eyes.

I quickly grabbed his gun from his pocket. Shooting the bastard that shot her. I tucked the gun away in my pants and sprinted like my life depended on it.

Seeing her lifeless body surrounded by a pool of her own blood. Makes me fall to my knees

"No." I breathe out. I carefully grabbed her fragile body, placing her head on my lap.
The bullet hole in her head is not hard to miss.

"This isn't real, wake up." I ordered but she didn't move. "You stubborn girl, you can't be dead. I have so much things to say that I didn't get to say to you ."

I gently caressed her soft hair from her face.

"Eventually I would've told you, that you're the most stubborn girl I have ever met. A pain in my ass and no matter how hard I try to forget you...I can't. I cant forget your big brown eyes and how they sparkle when you smile. I can't forget your laugh and how contagious it is. I can't forget how amazing you are when you encourage someone to not give up. You risking your life to save an asshole like me." When my vision began to blur, I had to pause.