Ch 6 Movie Time

Maanvi, with a playful tug, beckons Siddharth, "Let's secure our tickets." 

Dhruv and I are left in a silent tableau, the world around us fading into insignificance. The magic of the moment wraps us in its embrace, reminiscent of a scene from a clichéd romance film. I'm acutely aware that my feelings for Dhruv should have evaporated by now, yet his proximity sends a thrill coursing through me. He has always had this inexplicable magnetism, particularly potent on the fairer sex.

The silence stretches between us, finally broken by his tranquil voice, "How's college? Hectic?" "Manageable, thanks to Siddharth," I reply, instantly regretting my words. "Nice," he responds, his gaze steady on me.

For the first time in four months, we converse, and all he queries about is college. A smile tugs at my lips. His agreement to join us for a movie still baffles me.

His gaze remains fixed on me, and when our eyes meet, my thoughts scatter, my heart pounding a symphony in my chest.

Just then, Maanvi and Sid stroll by. Sid teases, "You're quite the player, Sejal. We haven't even broken up, and you're already flirting with other guys." Dhruv's brow furrows as he asks, "You two are dating?" Maanvi laughs it off, "Sid loves his jokes. You'll get used to it." A smile graces Dhruv's lips.

Maanvi takes Dhruv's hand, leading him towards the movie hall. Sid turns to me, curiosity in his eyes, "Did something happen between you two in pre-university?" He adds, "Why does he keep looking at you like that?" "Um... nothing. Let's go in before the movie starts," I deflect. "You're full of secrets, aren't you, Sejal?" he teases.

As I scramble for a graceful exit from the conversation, Maanvi calls out, "Sid, Sejal, aren't you joining us for the movie?" We both nod in agreement.

Maanvi strategically positions herself between Dhruv and me, ensuring she can whisper to both of us. Sid returns with popcorn and coke, settling next to me. The atmosphere is comfortable, familiar. The movie begins, and we fall into a companionable silence.

Twenty minutes in, I find my attention waning, despite Dhruv and Maanvi's apparent engrossment in the film. I have a peculiar habit of conversing during movies, often predicting the plot. "Sid, listen..." I whisper. "You've got a minute, clock it," he winks back. Conversations with Sid flow effortlessly. He understands me.

"You know, I love writing. Someday, I'll pen a book that will be adapted into a movie..." I confess. "Do you really write? Scribbling 'Sejal loves Virat' doesn't count," he retorts, laughing heartily.

I sink into my seat, hoping to disappear.

"Hey, I was kidding. I'll be the first one to buy your book," he reassures, coaxing a smile from me.

"And if it's made into a movie, I'll play the handsome lead," he adds.

"If you act in it, it'll surely flop. I don't want the audience blaming the author for your lackluster acting skills. You'd probably beg the producer to cast Virat Kohli as the lead, wouldn't you, Sejal?" he teases.

A blush creeps onto my face. The thought of directing Virat Kohli, the man of my dreams, sends my mind into a whirl.

"Stop thinking about Virat," he chides. "I wasn't," I protest. "Yes, you were. Look at your face. It's not going to happen, you and Kohli," he taunts. "Why not?" I snap back.

Throughout our banter, Maanvi's phone buzzes incessantly. She's engrossed in a text conversation.

"Who's texting you so much, Maanvi?" I inquire, leaning in to get a better look at her phone. "No one... nobody," she lies.

Why would Maanvi lie? And about texting someone? What is she hiding?

Thank you for reading please do Comment and vote. What is Maanvi hiding ? Stay tuned