chapter 3 part 2

Începe de la început

"The chains are unbreakable." Lily glances at the dead man "Meaning, they are unable to break." Joe added. Joe grinned and said, "Which is the perfect opportunity to do this," as Lily was furious. Joe opens the cage; Maria is killed by his hand going through her chest. "NO!" Lily yells. Joe grins as he says to Lily, "Enjoy while it lasts Lily, this is the ideal representation of what will happen to all of you." Lily falls unconscious after Joe strikes her on the head. 

It was revealed to be a dream. Beck woke up after Lily and saw her the redhead in terror. Lily was already panting and sweating when she woke up. "What's wrong?" Beck worriedly asked Lily, Beck was sleeping in Lily's bed while Lily was on an inflatable mattress. Lily turned to face Beck. With a hint of terror in her voice, Lily responds calmly, "N-Nothing, it's only a nightmare." Lily sighed deeply and said, "I'll be right back." Lily stated, Lily gets up from the bed, takes her black hoodie, and walks out of the bedroom. Beck was concerned for Lily. 

To distract herself from the nightmare, Lily is sitting outside in the backyard. Lily had no idea that Beck had followed her shortly after. Lily could have experienced worse things than Beck's image of Joe, but Beck was aware that something was up. Beck still has concern for Lily. Beck fills an empty cup with cold water. Following that, Beck walks outside and taps Lily lightly on the shoulder, leading the redhead to turn to face Beck. 

Lily made a small smile "Thank you," Lily says softly, Beck made a small smile back "You're welcome," Beck sits down next to Lily looking at the sky and back at Lily. "Lily?" Beck asked, "Are you sure that it wasn't just a nightmare?" Lily looks at Beck before returning to her beverage. "Yes, I'm sure. Really, it was nothing." Lily replied. "It doesn't seem like nothing." Beck adds as she casts a quick glance at Lily. 

Beck placed a hand on Lily's knee, Lily sighed and turned to face her. "Talk to me." Beck pleaded. Lily furrowed her brow, sighed, and spoke. "Okay, it was about Joe." "I witnessed everything that happened to you," Lily continues. Beck understood what Lily was referring to because she watched how Beck died. "However, things started to become worse." Lily added. Beck was curious "How?" Beck asked. "I saw Maria die too;" Lily says as she turns to face Beck. 

"And Joe claimed that it was the ideal illustration of how every one of us will die," Lily added. Beck took a deep breath and looked at the sky view. A moment goes by until Lily says, "I'm sorry I woke you," Beck made a small smile and replied, "No worries, I couldn't sleep anyway." Lily chuckled and the two girls looked at the sky looking at the bright stars, 

"Surprised I haven't woken Maria or my parents." Lily said, which made Beck giggle. "Me too... well actually you did wake Maria, but I told her I had this covered since I was awake anyway." Lily and Beck exchanged smiles and continued to look at the stars for the night. Beck's job now is to not only protect herself, but to protect both Lily and Maria.  

Its morning lily was still asleep except for Beck, Beck sits up seeing Lily sleeping deeply, Beck makes a small smile and finds a hoodie that she was given and wore it before going downstairs, Lily's dad was at work while Lily's mom was out with Lily's aunt, Beck went downstairs, Beck finds Maria in the kitchen as she took the last step of the stairs. "Hey Maria." "Hey Beck, can we talk?" Maria asked Beck, Beck nodded, "Sure what's up?" 

Maria takes a deep breath and asks, "is Lily, okay? I mean, I heard her make a sound last night..." "She had a nightmare; don't worry I was there to comfort her." Beck replied, Maria made a small smile and said to Beck "I'm glad you did, because I was about ready to go in there." Beck made a smile with a small laugh, "Beat you to it." Maria giggles. "That you did Guinevere Beck, that you did." Maria and Beck then hear Lily walk down the stairs, Lily's short auburn red hair was a bit on the curly side and had gold glasses on her face, by the looks of Beck and Maria's faces they never seen Lily with glasses before.