Chapter Twenty-Eight

Começar do início

Caroline appears to feel bad for grilling her friend as loud footsteps approach their table. "Excuse me!" A man with curly hair shouts as he approaches.

Arabella has the feeling that she's seen him before, but she cannot place her finger on it.

"I'm a little lost," he continues. His eyes scan the three girls in front of his before pausing on Arabella. "I'm here to interview contestants."

Elena narrows her eyes as though she is trying to remember his name. "You're Professor Shane," she says.

The professor nods his head with a kind smile. "Yeah, that's right. Professor by day, beauty pageant judge by other day." He earns a polite laugh from Caroline, but Arabella stares at the man as she tries to place where she has seen this man. It cannot be of any coincidence that he's a familiar face to her.

"Inside by the parlor!" Caroline tells him.

They all watch as he go before Elena leans forward to speak to her other two friends. To outsiders, they'd look like a cliche gossip circle talking about cute boys and what not.

Arabella shakes her head. "I've seen him before," she responds. "I just don't know where."

"He's the one who told Damon how to break the hunters curse," Elena states.

Caroline thinks about something for a moment before leaning in close to the girls. "He's also the one who has Bonnie so obsessed with practicing magic that she bailed on pageant prep."

Furrowing her eyebrows in suspicion, Elena leans back. "And now he's judging Miss Mystic Falls?"

Pursing her lips Arabella looks between the two vampire females. "Jack of all trades or kinda creepy?" She asks them with raised eyebrows.

Once they are finished, they each go to their separate duties. Arabella finds herself in charge of the flowers and the decorations. Her eyes find three girls walking towards her eagerly with three different floral arrangements in the hands.

"Where do you three think you're going?" She asks them. "Caroline has very clear instructions on her floral chart. Those go in the back!"

Watching as the three girls scamper off, Arabella marks something off of her decoration clipboard. She turns toward a different direction right on time to run into the person she really does not want to see.

Releasing a gasp in surprise, Arabella finds herself staring in Klaus's green eyes. "I figured I'd find you here," he states calmly with a smile.

Shoving past him, Arabella takes a step around the hybrid. "I don't want to talk to you."

"I don't know if you recall, but I was promised a date." He watches as the girl pauses a few feet away from him.

His lips twitch into his irresistible smirk as she turns to face him. "I mean we could go on a movie date if you'd prefer," Arabella states as she crosses her arms. "It'll be dark and I can put five seats between the two of us."

Placing a hand onto his chest, the smile never leaves Klaus's face. "Ouch. That one hurt." He eyes her for a moment before taking a step closer. "Please, allow me to make up for all the wrong I've done."

Releasing a huff, Arabella walks towards the hybrid. "Fine. But I already have a dress picked out. It's black and white." She pauses for a moment. Before pointing at his chest. "You better not be late!"

Lifting a hand defensively Klaus grins. "Wouldn't dream of it."

He watches as she storms off to go yell at some more girls, glad that he's managed to get at least one date out of her.