Chapter 5

So it goes.

Jisoo leaves that Friday afternoon slightly disappointed that Jennie won't give her a tour of her gallery, stating she is tired – which Jisoo knows isn't just a lame excuse, because she is feeling a little tired herself. So she lets it go, demanding to see Jennie's work some other time. She is well aware though that if she wants to see Jennie's work, she'll have to stop by some day other than Friday, because it's clear they can't keep their hands off each other when they have set their minds to it.

So on Monday, Jisoo tries her luck and rides her motorcycle to Jennie's gallery straight after work. But all the lights are off and it's clear Jennie's not there. As she drives home, she realizes that Jennie's gallery is right in between her apartment and work, it's just a different route than usual. And whether that's convenient or possibly problematic is a matter Jisoo decides not to focus on.

On Wednesday she tries again and this time the lights are on and through the window she sees people eyeing the paintings. She stops her motorcycle right in front of the gallery and takes off her helmet, still peeking through the window as she works up the courage to go inside.

It's ridiculous that she would be nervous. She has seen Jennie naked so many times now, she shouldn't be nervous about seeing her work.

As she takes a deep breath, she catches sight of Jennie. A beautiful, radiant Jennie, wearing simple light-blue jeans and a white t-shirt. Jisoo watches as Jennie approaches an elderly couple looking at a painting and proceeds to excitedly talk about it.

Jisoo is in awe.

She decides that the other people there will be enough of a reminder that they are supposed to be two strangers. Today Jisoo is just a woman who loves art and happened to pass by Jennie's gallery.

Another deep breath and Jisoo gets off her bike and confidently marches inside the gallery.

Quickly looking around, she sees Jennie leaving the couple to approach two blondes who look about her age and greet her like they're friends. So Jisoo decides against approaching Jennie. Besides, it would be weird for a random stranger to just walk up to her like that.

Instead she focuses on the art, which she came to see in the first place. (Except that she would've liked to hear Jennie's husky voice explain each piece.)

Soon she is completely immersed in the abundance of colour in one piece and the elegant shadowing of another. Jennie's talent is evident in everything Jisoo takes in and suddenly she appreciates her fingers so much more.

After a while of admiring – Jisoo lost track of time – she somehow feels Jennie's presence before she even says anything.

Jisoo turns to her, eyes wide and filled with awe and she can't even mind the sexy, proud smirk Jennie gives her.

"See something you like?" Jennie asks in a voice that sends shivers down Jisoo's spine and makes her wish they were alone so she can show her just how much she likes what she's seeing.

But she simply nods and looks back at a black and white painting of a forest scene surrounded by the night sky. "This is incredible, Jennie."

Jennie blushes, but Jisoo doesn't see it, too focused on the painting. "Thank you."

A moment of silence falls between them and Jennie subtly looks around to make sure no one is within earshot. Still, she lowers her voice when she asks, "What are you doing here?"

Now Jisoo turns to her again, her head tilted to the side in that way she does. "I said I wanted to see your art, Jennie."

"Yeah, I know, but I didn't think you'd actually stop by on a random day. I thought I would show you on Friday?"