3. Celebrations

(Incase you didn't know 'Celebrations' are a brand of boxed Chocolates we get here in the UK)

Chapter 3: Celebrations

Cody woke up with a smile on his face. He had just had the greatest dream about him and Hunter. It involved Hunter feeding him chocolate soufflé amongst other things. It was official Cody was crushing on someone who was just a little bit out of his limit. But it seemed that said person had low enough standards to tell him he was beautiful. Cody still couldn’t get over that. Hunter had called him beautiful, Cody felt all warm inside just thinking about it. 

He made his way downstairs to get himself a bowl of cereal and found his brother and Chloe eating at the table looking all snuggly and gooey. He got his cereal and joined them at the table.

“Morning.”

“Morning Cody.” Bradley answered and Chloe smiled at him. Cody returned the smile asking them how they slept. Bradley was surprised at how talkative Cody was as he was always grumpy in the mornings.

“Why are you in such a good mood little bro?”

“For the hundredth time I am not your ‘little bro’ I am your twin brother. Stop trying to show off to Chloe”

Chloe giggled at his outburst and Bradley pouted at his brother.

“So why are you going around looking like Mr. Happy all of a sudden?”

Cody turned red remembering his dream. Just thinking about it made him feel flustered. His brother smirked realizing what was up. Bradley was happy for is brother, someone crushing on him might be the one thing Cody needed to end his self-hatred, but Bradley was worried. He had seen guys play with peoples feeling before and he didn’t want that to happen to his brother.

“I want to meet him.”

“What?”

“This coffee guy, I want to meet him. If he’s got you this hot and bothered bro then he must be something.”

Cody was surprised at his brother’s interest in his crush and an hour later he found himself walking into the coffee shop doors with Bradley right behind him.

The bell at the top of the door chimed and Hunter looked up from the counter and smiled at the two and then immediately became suspicious of the relationship between Cody and his mysterious companion.

“Morning, Cutie.”

“Morning, Hunter. This is my brother Bradley.” Cody replied gesturing for Bradley to step forward and disturbing his brother from sizing up Hunter (in quite an intimidating way).

“Hi” Bradley greeted

“So who’s older?”

“We’re twins.” Cody said looking at the ground. He always felt bad admitting the fact that they were twins it was like it gave him no excuse to be the slob he was.

Hunter didn’t look as surprised as Cody expected him to be, he just made a face of acknowledgment before getting back to flirting with the ‘cutie’ in front of him.

“So beautiful, what shall it be today? The boss made a fresh batch of double chocolate cookies last night.”

Bradley smirked at Hunter’s nickname for Cody and at his brothers raspberry coloured face.  

“I thought I was cute?”

“Just cute doesn’t do you justice there’s a lot of adjectives I could use to describe you.”

Cody looked at the ground smiling.

“I’ll have two cookies and a medium latte please.”

“And I’ll have a small mocha.” Brad added.

Hunter nodded and began to make their drinks. Bradley went and sat down at a table in the corner of the café. Cody went to follow but found he had to squeeze through two tables, one of which was already occupied, to get to his brother. He sucked in a breath and tried to wiggle his way through but soon found that rather humiliatingly he was stuck.

Cody immediately went red.

Bradley was staring at him awkwardly.

The woman in the seat next to him tucked in to give him more space.

He turned to the counter and saw Hunter staring at his midriff that was lodged in between two chairs.

It was only five second of wriggling before his brother and Hunter came to help but it felt like five hours and it was long enough for silent tears to start flowing down Cody’s chubby face.

Hunter rushed toward Cody at the same time as Bradley. Hunter pushed the heavy table away from Cody while Bradley pulled him through the gap while quietly giggling to himself.

“Just like old times right bro? – Oh shit your crying”

Yeah shit he is crying.” Hunter said sarcastically while leading a now hysterical Cody to a seat. The three sat down at the table, Bradley now feeling like the worst brother on the planet. Hunter sat down beside Cody and wrapped his muscular arm around the boy and gently rubbed Cody’s soft side.

Cody felt like shit. Here was blubbering away with a hot, muscular boy snuggled into his side because he couldn’t squeeze himself through two tables. He’d really done it now. The feeling of embarrassment was overwhelming. Cody thought that Hunter would probably come to his senses now and see that he wasn’t beautiful at all just a big, round elephant. And with that thought he started choking up even more. Cody covered his face with his hands so Hunter couldn’t watch him acting like a five year old.

“Hey, calm down, cutie.” Hunter soothed pulling Cody’s hands away from his face, trying to look into his eyes. “It’s not that bad. No one’s judging you, ok.” Hunter pulled Cody into a hug cuddling Cody’s face into his warm, solid chest.

“And if it helps, I still think that you’re the most beautiful boy I have ever laid my eyes on.”

Hunter then kissed Cody’s head and both boys felt the tingling sensation in their stomachs intense. Bradley was on the other side of the table watching in awe at how cute the two were. He was happy that his brother had finally found someone who could make him feel happy.

Soon the three boys were sitting drinking hot chocolate and Cody was eating his cookies. Then Hunter brought out a box of ‘Celebrations’ that his sister had given him as a moving out present. He said that he thought Cody needed a little more chocolate to cheer him up.