The screen lit up as he turned it on, which seemed to be a good sign. After a few moments of a dull, green screen, he lost hope, confirming his assumption about the virus ridden cartridge. As he set the game system down, the screen changed and the words, "In Seeking Providence" showed up. He had never heard of that game.

     He shrugged to himself, setting the Gear Boy back down on the dresser. He finished his morning duties, getting ready for the day. He was hoping the twins would want to hang out today.

     Down in the basement, the brother sister duo ate breakfast as their mother got ready for work. Larry ate quickly, running over to his room to listen to his music for a while.

     Larry got his love of metal music from his father. His favorite band was currently Sanity's Fall, an older band that was one of his father's favorites. On Larry's tenth birthday, Jim had bought him a CD player and his first ever Sanity's Fall CD.

     (Y/N) finished her breakfast and carried her bowl to the sink. She rinsed it out and set it in the dishwasher for later. The moved around the center island as someone knocked on their door.

     She opened it and was greeted by their new friend, Sal. He waved as she stepped aside letting him in. "Larry's in his room." She said. She figured he already knew, the music playing was a dead give away.

     "Are you guys doing anything today?" Sal asked as he walked over to Larry's door. He placed a hand on the door knob waiting for her reply.

     "I was going to go up to the treehouse." She said, grabbing her cell phone from the table. "I don't know what Larry was up to, though."

     Sal opened the door, the first thing he saw was Larry dancing to the music. He held back a chuckle as the brown haired boy spun around to face Sal, letting out a slight yelp. "Whoa, hey." He said, laughing a little. "What's up Sally, dude?"

     "Hey, just wondering what you were doing today." He responded.

     "You're looking at it, really." Larry said, turning the music down ever so slightly. He shrugged his shoulders. "Did you have something in mind?"

     "Well, your sister said she was going to the treehouse." Sally said, looking back at the girl behind him. She had her phone in her hands, typing away on it.

     "Oh, yeah!" Larry said, "I haven't been up there in a hot minute." He shut the music fully off and walked to he door, shutting the light off.

     Larry and (Y/N) walked to the back of the living room where their back door sat, nestled in the wall. Sal had always been curious about that door. He didn't understand why an interior door needed a deadbolt like that one did. He thought that maybe this apartment was an addition, changed from storage to a living space.

     Larry unlocked the two locks and opened the door. On the other side was a staircase that led to yet another door. On the other side of that door, the group was greeted by birds chirping and a slight breeze.

     The treehouse sat in the only tree in the back yard of the Addison Apartments. The yellow wood loosing it's sheen from the many years of weather. One by one, the three climbed the old ladder into the treehouse. It was still cluttered from the last time they were inside. Pictures on the shelves, bean bags scattered around the room.

     The treehouse was built by their father when they were seven years old. It was their birthday present, after they begged and begged for one. Jim built it against his wife's wishes. She was almost certain that one of her clumsy children would fall out, and she wasn't wrong.