✥ five ✥

As the weeks passed, the Addison Apartments' residents began seeing strange things. It all started with Mrs. Gibson who lived on the first floor. She claimed that a photo of her beloved rabbit fell off the wall. It wasn't on one occasion, or even two, but almost a half a dozen times she would find the small framed photo lying on the ground.

The four friends living in the apartments already knew of such activity. They knew that the apartments were haunted by several spirits unable to pass on. They also know that these spirits could only manifest thanks to Sal's Gear Boy, giving them a boost of electrical energy, or while they were in the presence of (Y/N).

Something was causing them to grow stronger. They were now able to manifest on their own. Something gave them an energy source. Nothing had changed, though, around the apartments. No serious remodels, no new tenants, nothing out of the sorts.

The three friends sat in the treehouse, waiting on the fourth member to join them. Sal, Larry, and (Y/N) sat in a circle, doing their own thing when Todd's red hair popped through the doorway.

"Sorry I'm late." He apologized, taking a seat between Larry and his twin sister. They accepted his apology and went on with what they had planned to do.

Sal and (Y/N) never said anything about her abilities to either Larry or Todd. Todd, being the science and fact based person he was, would probably not believe the two, as it was something he couldn't prove. He only believed in the ghosts around the apartment because he has seen them.

(Y/N) didn't want to tell Larry. She didn't want to freak him out. She didn't know how he would react, even though she knows he can handle anything. Sal had urged her many times to tell her brother, that he would find out sooner or later, but she couldn't bring herself to do so.

"So, these ghosts are getting powerful." Todd said. "I think it has to do with the shadow figure."

"You've seen it, too?" Larry asked, turning his head to look at Todd. "I thought it was, like, my inner demon, or something."

"I've seen it." Sal said, "I've seen it for a while. It hangs out in the corner or my room, staring at me with those bright red eyes." He shivered at the thoughts. "I just thought it was some figment of my imagination."

"Have you seen it?" Larry asked his sister, who was extremely quiet lately. She spent a lot of her time alone or with Sal, causing Larry to raise an eyebrow.

"No, I haven't." She said, stretching her legs out. "And by the sounds of it, I don't want to." She added after a moment.

"What do you guys think is going on?" Sal asked, "What is going on with all these ghosts? Why are they getting stronger?"

"We could always go ask Megan?" (Y/N) suggested.

"Do you think she would come out with Larry and Todd around?" Sal asked.

(Y/N) shrugged, "We can always try?"

The group decided to go visit their young ghost friend on the fifth floor. They entered the bathroom which she resides in and everyone sat down. Sal and (Y/N) sat on the edge of the bathtub, Todd sat on the closed toilet seat, and Larry stood against the doorway.

Sal called for Megan, turning on the Gear Boy, hoping she would show. It took several minutes but after a while she showed up.

"(Y/N)! Sally Face!" She grinned.

"Hi, Meg!" Sal said, cheerfully. "We brought some new friends. That's (Y/N)'s brother, Larry and our friend Todd." He said.

She smiled and waved at the two new boys, saying hello to them as well. "Nice to meet you!"