Chapter 9: Families

Start from the beginning

"Hey I need to talk with you and (Y/n). Could you meet me in theclass room at 10 tonight?"

Tokaku looked at her curiously and nodded since no ones delivered a letter yet.

The time was now 10, Tokaku has told you to meet her in the Theatre room. When you arrived it was dark so you called out Tokaku.

"Tokaku?" You walked in further, you saw a figure and assumed it was her. "Ah there you are... Tokaku?"
The figure emerged and it was Haruki.
"Haruki? Have you seen Tokaku? She left me a note telling me to meet her here and that it was an urgent matter" You asked with a smile and approached Haruki but paused because of an odd feeling in your gut.

"If you're looking for Azuma she's not here. She won't be coming either." She continued to walk closer to you even though you've stopped in place.

"Huh?"

Haruki smiled maliciously as she held out a warningetter in her hand before you.

"I'll set you free." She said as she pulled out a thread from within her glove.

Your eyes widened and you began to turn around and run. But you set yourself up for Haruki to wrap the wire around your neck and begin to strangle you from behind.

This went on for a few more seconds. You began feeling lightheaded. That was until Tokaku ran up and cut the wire with several knives in hand. She pushes you away from Haruki and begins to fight Haruki herself.

You fall to the floor and gently message your throat as you do your best to regain composure. You coughes a few and breath in heavily from the lose of air.

"Eh? How awful you were going to blow off our meeting like that?"

"You did the same."

"But I'm doing what I said and that's setting (Y/n) free. To give her freedom is to release her from the shackles of death and fate she brings with her."
Haruki finished.

"T-tokaku" you weakly said as you turned to look at her.

"Stay where you are." Tokaku demanded of you as she kept her eyes on Haruki.

That was when Haruki striked. She charged at Tokaku with hand to hand combat.
"You may be an Azuma, but the way you are now. You won't be able to kill me." She lands several punches on Tokaku.

"Tokaku!" You get up but almost immediately Tokaku told you not to come where they are.
The fight continues and Tokaku is trying her hardest to keep up with Haruki.

Haruki manages to punch Tokaku into on of the pillars. Shes about to land the finishing punch.
"Tokaku!" You close your eyes as some tears fall down. You open them when you hear Tokaku speak.

She laughs and says. "I see now." She finished with a smirk. She now rushes at Haruki with emense speed. She counters every move Haruki tries. She manages to cut Haruki's face in the process which makes Haruki curse. She continues this on her shoulder leg and arm. But when she goes to stab Haruki she grabs the knife and Tokaku tsks and kicks Haruki off into the distance. Slamming herself into some stage props.

"geez you're a monster. Ahh well man you got me beat to the punch." She said as she walks to the corner of the room.

"Theirs no happy end for you or (Y/n), not even me. Why? Because I WIN!" she said enthusiastically as she pulls a thread tied to the wall. The thread was connected to the ceiling lights which weigh a lot.  They came falling down. In the few seconds before crashing Tokaku grabs you and hides in some nearby props set out by you and Haruki herself.

CRASH

You and Tokaku emerge out of hiding and see that the entire theater is destroyed. You run towards Haruki to see if she's alive. You and Tokaku remove all the debris to find Haruki has broken her arm and has blood gushing out of her head. Otherwise she's fine and laughs at the outcome. "Sorry guys. I just wanted a fast clean death for all of us. This barely knocked me unconscious." Haruki stated before she looks at you smiling. "Haruki, I forgive you. Being alive means to forgive those who mean you harm at times." And Tokaku just frowns since Haruki's not dead.

"What a scary face Azuma. Hehe. Well you being alive means that you still have a purpose in life. So good luck and keep at it Azuma." She said before passing out.

The day ends and Haruki admitted defeat so it resulted in her being suspended. The teacher saw that the set was trashed and cries in agony since you all worked so hard for it.

You and Tokaku on the other hand sit that roof top. You sat there while Tokaku lied in your lap while you stroked her hair gently with a smile. She sighs and thinks about your words.

"How can you still be so forgiving on people who try to kill you? On a world that wants you dead because of your history?"

"I forgive people that are sorry and sorrowful in the end. Hehehe your hairs so soft Tokaku." You compliment as you kiss her lips. Tokaku blushes and relishes in your gentle touches.

HARUKI'S END

King here! On a good note for Haruki. The prize she wanted for killing you was enough to buy food and necessities for her family for as long as they lived. She asked that the game holder if the money would still be awarded to her family even if she died. They agreed so her final plan in case she couldn't kill you or Tokaku was a suicide attempt. Which failed miserably at the end. New side chapter coming up! So stayed toned!
Bye bye~♡