Guitar Hero (Jake)

Sorry this was so short, I'll have longer ones to come! Feel free to message me with any requests, I update often :)

Being the guitarist of Greta Van Fleet, your boyfriend, Jake Kiszka, is quite talented. He had always been proud of his musical abilities, but when it comes to Guitar Hero, no amount of musical skills could beat your mastery of video games.

"There's no way you'll beat me at this." Jake mocks, picking up one of the game guitars.

"Don't underestimate me Kiszka, just because you can play an actual guitar doesn't mean you can play a fake one just as well." You say with a challenging smile, scrolling through the songs on the game's list. "I play more video games than you." You finally decide on "Paint it, Black" by the Rolling Stones.

"Of course you pick the Stones." Jake rolls his eyes. "You've definitely played this one before!"

"Hey I told you I hadn't played this version of the game before, so I have not!" You say defensively. "We're playing fair here, neither of us have done this song before so we're doing it." Before you two can banter much longer, the song starts. You're quick to hit all the right buttons that appear on the screen, perfectly in time with the song.

Jake, on the other hand, may be able to play on beat, but misses the majority of the buttons.

"How the hell do you remember which color is where?" Jake yells in frustration over the music, and you laugh.

"I told you it wouldn't be that easy!" You don't take your eyes off the screen as you continue to play perfectly, getting streaks and extra points, your score rising very high above his.

"This isn't fair, I don't play this as much as you do!" Jake groans as he misses another note.

"Well you thought you were going to win with your guitar skills, I'd say that's an unfair advantage too!" You look over at him and grin, still hitting the notes just right.

"Fine. If you think you're so good at this game, let's see how you do with distractions." You laugh at him, waiting for loud noises or pillows from the couch to come flying at your head. Instead, you suddenly feel hands on your waist, and his body behind you. Trying not to pay any attention to him, you continue to play the game as his lips slowly move across your neck, kissing you softly, teasing.

"Seriously? Real mature." You scoff, but he continues to kiss you, harder, his arms wrapped around you waist in a tight embrace. Barely able to pay any attention to the game now, you finally miss a note. "Damn it!"

"I told you." Jake mutters, and you feel his smile against your cheek. You completely give up on the game and turn around to face him, his arms still around you.

"That's cheating." You giggle, your lips meeting his.

"I don't care, 'cause now I win." He smiles at you and gently pulls you in for another kiss.

The game may have ended poorly for the both of you, but the night certainly did not.