Chapter 2:

Ijolted awake to the alarm sounding. The war has started. It's notdying that worries me, what worries me is seeing the sights thatawait out there. Seeing my whole pack fighting, and seeing somemembers dead. I can't even begin to fathom what's out there. And I amnot looking forward to seeing it. I sighed heavily and sat up in bed,listening to the alarm hum loudly in the background. Que-Lynn andFrank remained asleep. Those two fools could sleep through anything.They're fools alright, but they're my fools. I chuckled at thatthought and stood up. Walking over to their 'beds' seemed to takeyears, when in reality they were only 5 feet from me. I sighed againand started shaking the both. I guess it's a good thing I have twoarms. When they didn't even stir, I started getting angry. I growledloudly enough to shake the walls. That seemed to wake them. Que-Lynnwas the first to rise.

"Riseand shine, sleeping beauty. The war has started." I said.

Que-Lynnsighed. He kicked Frank, lightly enough to not hurt him yet hardenough to wake him. He stopped snoring and his eyes slowly opened.

"Comeon, lazy bones! We don't have time to waste. The war has started andwe are late!" Que-Lynn shouted.

"Inour defense, the alarm just went off about 20 minutes ago. It takestime for the sound to reach us since we're so far down." I said.

Theynodded. We got dressed and ran up the stairs. I shoved the steel dooropen and what I saw frightened me. Our pack was losing and bad. Somewolves looked at us like snacks. They must be our enemy if I had toguess. We were getting slaughtered and that was plain as day to see.Alpha Cordon ran to us.

"Whattook you guys so long?" He demanded.

"Thealarm takes time to reach us, Alpha. Our 'rooms' are so far down thatwe don't hear it." I said.

Ilooked down. Even though he is an ass, he is still my Alpha and stilldeserves respect. Pack laws and such. He growled and said nothing atfirst.

"Juststart fighting." He commanded.

Wenodded and took off. I shifted first, Que-Lynn following suit who wasthen followed by Frank. My wolf was fire orange in color. I hadbright blue eyes and a bright pink tongue. I growled. I know being aSubmissive Omega, I'm not very threatening nor am I large. Sointimidation doesn't work for me. I'm probably as intimidating as anewborn pup. But I have a secret weapon that I choose not to use.Black magic. This is dangerous for many reasons. Reason one isbecause I can hurt every living thing in sight, including allies.Reason two is because I can die from using it. Reason three isbecause you gain hatred and evilness every time you use it. But overthe years, I have mastered it. I don't use it for evil, well not allthe time. How I obtained it is beyond me. Neither of my parents hadit, hell, no one I know in my immediate family had it. I got bashedin the face by an enemy wolf's paw. Sizing up my enemy, I could tellright away that he was an Warrior wolf. And that was a rank that Iwouldn't win against. But I know what I have to do...

Ohgreat magic of night,

Lendme your powers so that we may win this fight,

Lendme the strength to destroy these foes I am against,

Spareme no expense and,

Ishall give you the souls of the dead,

Hearmy plea for help,

Ohgreat powers of night,

Andif I lose,

Takemy life.

Finishingthe chant, I feel the darkness enter my soul. The wind picked up andthe sky turned the color of black satin. The moon tainted red. Isnarled aggressively. I hated using this power but it may be the onlything that can save us now. Everyone stopped and looked at me. AlphaCordon gave me a look of despair. Even though he may hate me, theyall knew the consequences of me calling upon the magic of night. Theonly thing I saw was red. My pack was in shambles and my members weredying, that was all the motivation I needed to kill. Enemy wolves,who didn't understand how Black Magic worked, charged at me.