-1-

You had reached Baker Street in what seemed like only a few minutes from jumping off the train. Time finally seemed to be moving faster instead of at the pace of a turtle now that you had something you knew you could do. There was something you were doing to find him and that made all the difference. So what if you only had to call in a few favours from your big brother, you were finally going to find out what happened to him.

Stepping up to the door, you found yourself hesitating due to the thoughts running through your head. There wasn't a chance that John and his flatmate had anything to do with it, could they? No, that would be absurd. How could they have known from all the way over here in London what you were being dragged into?

Knocking your knuckles across the dark wood three times, you heard the click of some ladies heels coming down the hallway.

"Oh! Y/N, it's so good to see you again." Mrs. Hudson's face lifted into a smile at the sight of you. "Last time you were here, it was John and Mary's wedding wasn't it?"

"Yes, feels like a long time ago." You stepped through the door and pulled off your coat. "Although I really wish I could have been there for little Rose's first birthday."

"Oh, I could've sworn that you were there. Nevermind that, he's going to be excited that his little sister is here to see him!"

"Yes, he seemed quite excited on the telephone."

The woman said nothing more as she lead you up the stairs and through an already open door where two voices could be heard.

It was hard to imagine Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson standing over a baby and sternly discussing her sleep pattern in hushed voices. Glancing at Mrs. Hudson, you understood that this was now the normal when the two of then didn't have a case and were charged with looking after the little girl.

Stepping up between the two men, you also tilted your head to look in the bassinet."Wow, she sure has gotten big, the pictures don't do those cheeks justice."

"Y/N!" Why didn't you tell me you had decided on coming today?" John turned and wrapped his arms around you and you gratefully accepted his embrace. "I would have picked you up at the airport."

"No, I wanted the cabbie experience as I've been in Greece for so long."

He exhaled and smiled at you for a moment before leaving to put the kettle on. For a few minutes, you stood next to a now silent Sherlock looking down at the sleeping Rose. When she started to fuss you gently picked her up and set her on your hip. She cuddled into you as you took her into the kitchen. John looked at her in your arms and smiled before gently taking her to his own chest. When you opened the fridge you were only mildly shocked to see the human ears in a plastic baggie, pushing them aside to get some cream for your tea.

Two scoops of sugar went into Sherlock's before you handed it to him and for a moment he looked confused that you remembered that. It wasn't that hard for you considering the cafe job you had for years saving up to make the move to Athens with you old boyfriend. If you had only known how bad he was for you at the time, things would've been so different. You wouldn't even be back in London today.

"So, how have you been with everything that happened with Aaron?" John had laid Rose back down and he was slowly stirring his own tea. "That must have been hard on you."

"I'm alright." You sipped your tea.

"Lies." Sherlock interjected and you almost spit out your tea.

"What?"

"You are not alright. Be honest."

Your mouth had lost the ability to form words as you looked back and forth between John and Sherlock. Neither of them seemed to care about how he called you out, only the response that they were waiting for.