Chapter 12 Happy Birthday Rohan

"KORRA! YOU'RE BACK!!" Rohan screamed as he ran towards his best friends and jumped into Korra's arms. "I missed you so much! I didn't know if you were gonna be able to make it for my birthday." He wrapped his arms around the Avatar's neck and looked into the avatar's eyes and whispered into her ear, "I know Asami missed you more but she promised me a turtle duck...did she get me one?"

Korra just gave a small chuckle, "You are such a silly koala otter," she tickled Rohan's sides as the little boy laughed and Korra just smiled. It had been so long since she heard his laugh. After torturing Rohan for a good ten seconds; which felt like a lifetime for Rohan, Korra picked him up and put him on top of her shoulders. 

Asami stood by and had a huge smile on her face as she watched her girlfriend act like a kid with Rohan. She walked up to Lin and gave her a welcoming hug. Lin accepted the hug and when the two parted she sighed, "It's good to have the avatar home again, I actually missed her. I'm just glad to see her like this, she deserves some peace after all the hardships she's been through. Especially after these past six years."  

Asami just nodded with a sad sigh as her head flashed with so many memories through her head, until Rohan's laugh shook her out of the trance. She kept her eyes on Korra playing with Rohan, "You know Wu actually did me a huge favor by letting Korra come home...well it really wasn't a favor.  I threatened him." Asami looked up at Lin and the two just chuckled.

Mako, Bolin, and Opal arrived after a while and the original gang was reunited again. Bolin forced all of them to group hug, "I missed all of you guys so much...also what did everyone get for Rohan," Bolin whispered to the group and everyone just laughed. When the hug was over and everyone parted Pema came out forcing everyone inside to eat. 

———————————————————————-

The dining room was packed, filled with people laughing, eating, and maybe having a little too much fun as Bumi and Varrick brought Earth Nation cactus juice. Bumi and Varrick had their arms wrapped around each other as they started swinging side to side laughing.  Zhu Li tried her best to tame her husband from doing anything too Varrick. Which is very hard since Varrick and Bumi being togehter is equivalent to two platypusbears. 

"Varrick can you please drink some water. Please!" Zhu Li whispered harshly into her husband's ear. Varrick's response was a small sip and then drinking more cactus juice, with a huge grin on his face. Zhu Li just sighed and turned to Lin, who was busy flirting with Kya as the two laughed at  Bumi trying to prove how sober he was. 

Zhu Li tapped on Lin's shoulder to get her attention, Lin turned around with raised eyebrows. Lin just gave a small laugh, "Him too huh? Both of them remind me of Sokka and my mom when they drank that cactus juice together." 

Zhu Li just sighed, "Yes but...Somehow he's just drinking way too much. Can you scare him so he'll stop?" Lin laughed, "Oh I have a way better idea. Just trust me you'll see. We can even do it to Bumi too. I'll just need some help from Korra and her little friends."

Korra looked up at the sound of her name, "Whatever you want us to do to Varrick and Bumi, we'll do it," she said with a laugh as everyone else at the table joined her. 

 As the party went on, a six-year-olds birthday party slowly turned into a karaoke bar for everyone.

———————————————————————-

 Rohan sat with his family in the middle of the room. He didn't mind that almost half the adults were acting funny, he thought it was pretty entertaining. Even his own dad had some of the juice that uncle Bumi brought. 

Soon enough Pema brought out a huge cake in front of Rohan and all the adults gathered around him and began to sing 'Happy Birthday' out of tune. Rohan didn't really care though because he knew everyone was having fun, and that's all he wanted. When the cake was getting passed out all of Rohan's siblings surrounded him and each threw a piece of cake at his face.

Rohan just stood there shocked with his mouth hanging open. His whole family surrounded him and Asami took out a new future industries camera, "Alright everyone, give me a smile on the count of three...one...two...three." 

———————————————————————-

Slowly everyone started leaving the party, giving Korra and Asami a chance to give Rohan his birthday gift in private. Korra just picked Rohan up and started walking outside as Asami just smiled. When Korra put him down Rohan looked up at the couple, "Is Korra gonna tell me about Mako now?" 

Korra's smile fell from her face and gave a death glare to Asami who just flashed a smile back.

"No, not right now Rohan because I have something even better for you. Someone told me what you wanted for your birthday. Close your eyes Rohan AND DO NOT PEEK!" Rohan just giggled as he covered his eyes.

 Korra and Asami kneeled down in front of Rohan with their hands behind their backs, "Meet Yun Rohan." Asami and Korra took their hands out from behind their backs. 

A small quack came out of the small turtle-duck. Rohan uncovered his eyes so fast, his eyes meeting with the small animal. 

Rohan whispered to the turtle-duck, "Yun. I already love you!" He picked up Yun so carefully and held her against his chest and the turtle-duck snuggled into his neck.

Korra and Asami just smiled, the couple spoke together in unison, "Happy Birthday Rohan."

———————————————————————-

Pema and a somewhat sober Tenzin watched from the window as all of this happened. The married couple sighed in unison, Pema opened the locket she wore around her neck and smiled at the picture the day Rohan was born. "That's the day our little boy was born Tenzin. Look at him now. He's growing so fast."

Tenzin wrapped his arm around his wife, "If you want another one all you have to do is ask." Pema elbowed her husband in the gut and she could hear the wind get knocked out of him, even though she wasn't an Airbender.  

"I will never be pregnant again." Pema said sternly.

Tenzin slowly wheezed out a sentence, "Anything...for you...honey..."

Author's Note: Hey guys I hope you liked this chapter! Like always the next one will be up by Saturday. P.S. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!