Chapter 10 Home Sweet Home

Korra helped a group of earth benders move boulders out of what once was a village. As the sun beat down on her back she just wanted to go back home, but being the Avatar she was needed here. As she wiped the sweat from her brow she took a seat next to Suyin who was also there to help.

"I can't wait to get back home and sleep in my own bed." Korra said with a defeated sigh.

"Really? That's all you want?" The earth bender said with a raised eye brow.

Korra turned a darker shade of red, "I miss Asami too...It'd be nice to sleep in the same bed with her."

Suyin just gave a warm smile, "When we finish here you and I will finally get to go home. Ever since the war ended the world has been rebuilding. I think the Avatar should get a break after this."

"Asami and I have been together for over a year. It's hard to believe everything that we went through. Plus Rohan's birthday is coming up soon." Korra ran her hand through her short hair and sighed. As Korra stood up she held a hand out for Suyin to help her.

"You know I'm not that old right? But thank you anyways Korra."

An earth bending officer came running towards the two, when he stood before them he bent down trying to catch his breath. "Wu....he.." He took a long breath and stood up slowly regaining his posture. "He needs to talk to Avatar Korra."

Korra raised her eyebrow, "I hope Wu has something good for me this time." She followed behind the earth bending officer as he lead the way to Wu.
--------------------
The earth bending officer opened a door and nodded at the Avatar to enter the room. As Korra entered she saw the now earth bending official attempting to meditate.

"You asked for my presence?" Korra crossed her arms over her chest praying to the spirits that Wu wouldn't waist her time. Again.

Wu opened one eye and nodded, "I know you think I'm gonna ask a favor from you but you are wrong." Wu stood up and walked over to an assistant who handed the elected leader a piece of paper. "Asami Sato sent me a telegram and it was not very pretty if you ask me."

Korra's eyes widened with worry and she quickly took the paper from Wu's hands. "Is she okay?" Her eyes scanned over the piece of paper and realized she could not read morse code. She quickly shoved the paper back to Wu. "Read it to me now please."

Wu smiled as he took the piece of paper, before he read the words he gave a fake cough. "Wu. I swear to the spirits if you do not send Korra home before the end of the month I will personally come down there and punch you. I promised Rohan she will be here for his birthday and I will keep that promise. Also give Korra a turtle duck. Don't ask why. Sincerely Asami Sato." Wu folded the piece of paper and clapped his hands. The assistant came over with a turtle duck in hand and placed it in the Avatar's hand.

"So she's safe? And she wants a turtle duck? Okayyyyy that isn't the weirdest thing I've done for her." Korra said as she starred at the turtle duck with a confused look.

Wu just nodded in agreement, "Asami Sato is a strong and scary woman. So I have prepared a ship for you so you can go home it seems that the Avatar is needed somewhere more important." Wu said with a smile.

Korra just hugged Wu and didn't realize how tight her hug was till she heard a wheeze. She quickly put Wu down, "I am so sorry! I am just so happy thanks Wu." And with that she turned around and ran to grab her things.

Wu rubbed his arm and looked over to his assistant, "I thought I was gonna die like my great aunt."
---------------
Asami leaned against her satomobile waiting for Korra's ship to arrive leaving the radio on. She quietly sung to herself as she stared at the Kyoshi bridge.

"I lost my heart in Republic City the most booming city in bloom..." she quietly sang as she admired the view. But her song was interrupted with a loud horn as she saw Korra's ship pull into the dock. After a few minutes Korra came off the boat with her bag in one hand and a turtle duck in the other. Asami gave a wide smile as she ran towards the love of her life greeting Korra with a hug.

"Careful I have precious cargo with me." Korra said with a grin on her face. Asami pulled back and looked at the small turtle duck that Korra held.

"Wow. Wu actually did it!" Asami carefully picked up the small animal from Korra's hand. "Rohan wanted one for his birthday." She said with a smile on her face. "And a Sato never breaks a promise."

Korra raised an eye brow and held out her hand, so she could finally walk hand in hand with her girlfriend after being away for so long.
"Do you remember what you promised me when I came back? ....And since the righteous Asami Sato NEVER breaks a promise...."

"Oh be quiet Avatar. Lets get home first." She said with a smile on her face. As the two sat down in Asami's car the turtle duck gave a quack.

Korra held out her hand so the turtle duck could eat the pieces of bread she had. "Rohan wanting a turtle duck doesn't surprise me. But will Tenzin get mad? Probably. But I'd do anything for Rohan."

Asami just laughed as they drove through Republic City, "Also Rohan wants you to tell him the story of how you dated Mako."

Korra just gave a loud groan, "UGHHHHHHH. IT IS NOT THAT INTERESTING WHY DOES HE WANT TO KNOW."

Asami just smiled to herself, and spoke in a mocking voice that was supposed to sound like Korra. "I'd do anything for Rohan!"

"Shut up and drive." Korra huffed out and looked down at the turtle duck. As the car drove through the city the avatar didn't realize how much she missed a loud and rather gross city. "Home sweet home." And a smile spread across her face.

( Authors Note)
HEY GUYS! So I gave another chapter just as I promised. The wheels are turning and you all will get the next chapter next week. Thanks for being here and I will see you all later.