Okay, Lane admitted that she could have been nicer, and she could have handled the situation a lot better, but that guy was jerk, and she didn't have patience for jerks. 

     Her comment only made his rage increase about one thousand degrees. She saw it on his face, "You don't belong here!" He yelled before lunging at her as hard as he could.

     Before Lane knew it, she was being forced to the ground with the man's weight on top of her. She shielded her face as he tried to hit her, and she got in a punch to his throat. He gasped for breath as Lane managed to get out from under him, but moments later he had her in his grasp again. 

     "Hey!" Lane recognized that deep voice. It was Bellamy, and she could tell from his tone that he was pissed. "Get off her!" he shoved the man away. The room went silent as Bellamy gave the angry man a look of disdain. "Put him in lockup!" 

     Two guards came from behind Bellamy and put handcuffs on the man. Bellamy suddenly switched gears, seeming to completely forget about the hot-tempered jerk. His focus was zoned in on Lane. His eyes scanned over her body for any injuries. 

     "I'm fine," Lane said.

     Bellamy's eyes met hers, "What happened?"

     "He thinks that I'm a spy for the Twelve Clans, which is the stupidest thing I've ever heard, but he's not the only one here who thinks that," Lane motioned to the people that were still glancing at her. "Your people look at me like I'm gonna kill them or something." 

     "They don't exactly like newcomers," Bellamy scanned the room. "Besides you always have that 'don't talk to me or I'll punch you in the throat' look on your face. It's not exactly warm and inviting."

     Lane rolled her eyes, "I can be friendly when I want to."

     Bellamy laughed, "Yeah, I think the bruise on my ribs says otherwise." She shook her head thinking back to when she showed Bellamy she knew a lot more than just 'basic self-defense'. When she looked at him again, his gaze had turned from light-hearted to serious in about two seconds. "Don't worry. They'll come around."

    She locked eyes with him as she voiced a question she had been wondering for several days, "Do you trust me?"

     It wasn't a fair question to ask, and Lane knew that. She surely didn't completely trust him, or anyone in Arkadia. She hadn't been there long enough. She already had natural trust issues anyway. 

     Bellamy turned the question back on her, "Do you trust any of us?"

     Lane looked down, "The last time I trusted a stranger, it almost got me killed."

     He seemed to understand; he always seemed to get into her head in a way no one else in Arkadia could, "Are you thinking about leaving?"

     How could he read her thoughts so easily? Lane had considered leaving, but she had no idea where she would go. The grounders would probably kill her, and she didn't want to live in the woods or in the desert. 

     "I've thought about it," Lane put her hands in her back pockets, wanting to change the subject, "I just need some time for myself. You know, to figure some things out without people asking me five million questions every single day."

     "Where would you go?"

     Lane shrugged, "I have no idea."

     Shouts of panic interrupted their conversation. Someone yelled for Bellamy to go to the front gate, and Lane followed after him. She saw him pull his pistol out as they came closure to the gate.