Ch. 209 and Ch. 210

Začít od začátku

When He Changdi heard her reply, he felt a sliver of disappointment. "Take good care of yourself, then. I can't always be around to save you just in time."

On that parting note, He Changdi turned and left without looking back.

Chu Lian raised her fist and shook it at He Sanlang's departing figure. That guy just had to make her mad, even when he was leaving! As expected of a lunatic!

Ooh, she was so mad!

When Wenqing and Wenlan saw that He Changdi had left, they quickly ran back in.

Chu Lian let them look at the wound on her ankle. She thought for a moment before giving them some orders. "Wenqing, go and prepare two sets of inner clothes for Third Young Master. Add some jerky and wine as well. And that pair of thick deerskin leather boots! Ah, right, don't forget to pack those detoxifying creams and medicinal ointments too!"

He Changdi had torn his inner clothes to bandage her wound. Who knew if he still had enough to wear back at camp?

Wenqing and Wenlan noted down all of Chu Lian's instructions and nodded. As they left the room, they exchanged sly, happy smiles.

It seemed like their Third Young Madam was getting along well with their Third Young Master.

Just look at how worried she was. She was practically shoving everything she brought to Third Young Master.

He Changdi entered the sitting room and exchanged some words with Manager Qin before leading Xiao Hongyu and the others away, preparing to set off on an overnight journey back to camp.

He didn't expect Mo Chenggui to lead the family's private soldiers out and mount their steeds along with them, clearly intent on following He Sanlang back.

He Changdi frowned and gripped his reins. He turned to Mo Chenggui and said, "Uncle Mo, stay here with your men and take care of Third Young Madam. You're not to follow me back to camp this time."

Although He Sanlang's tone was calm, there was a hidden trace of unhappiness within. How could Mo Chenggui not detect that?

"Third Young Master, that won't do. This old man has been ordered by the matriarch to help Third Young Master!"

He Changdi looked him right in the eye. Although his young master had just come of age, Mo Chenggui could feel a domineering aura from within their cold depths. He found he was unable to meet his master's gaze directly. It was as if the old count himself was standing right before him.

"Uncle Mo, helping me take care of Chu Lian is the best way you can help me right now!"

Although Mo Chenggui wasn't very willing, since Third Young Master had already given his orders, he couldn't keep rejecting them.

"Yes, Third Young Master. This old servant will obey your command."

Mo Chenggui waved his hand, ordering the family soldiers to dismount. He Changdi picked up the package that Chu Lian had prepared for him and led his men on the long journey back to camp.

It was only when He Changdi's figure had disappeared into the dark alleyways of the small town that Mo Chenggui brought his men back, a gloomy expression on his face.

By his side was his old comrade, Huang Zhijian. Huang had become one of the He Family's private soldiers after retiring together with him.

The two of them were as close as real brothers.

Huang Zhijian patted his old brother's shoulder. "Old Mo, don't take it to heart. We shouldn't have been so rash as to leave Third Young Madam behind like that. If we hadn't tried to rush ahead of her, this wouldn't have happened."