Alpha's Freak Show

**Note: This story was taken down in preparation for participation in the anthology.  If you'd like the expanded and revised story, please check out the anthology! 

Preorders for the anthology are live! Find it at https://books2read.com/ruledbythealpha

__________________________________________________

Unedited blurb:

"Gentlemen!  Gentlemen!" his voice rang out.  For a little man, he had a voice that could carry across a restless crowd, "Everyone who wants - and who has the cash - will get a turn!  Please find a seat so we can get started with the show!"  With a flourish, he stepped down off the stage and disappeared through another slit at the front of the tent.

A few interminable minutes later when every seat was filled with an impatient Alpha, Clarence stepped back into the tent and onto the stage.  Raising his hand, he waited until the room was silent.  Pretty impressive, Jacob noted absently, controlling a room full of Alphas with only a gesture.

"Alphas, what have you been missing all of your lives?  What gaping hole do you feel in your chest...in your heart...in your bed?  Betas are fine to fuck.  They have a wet hole to stick your cock into, but they are not what you truly want.  What you truly need."

Clarence paused for dramatic effect as he swept his hand up to cover his heart.  Jacob's instincts screamed at him alternately to run and to stay.  He stayed.  Clarence might be a charlatan, but he was also right.  Jacob felt that hole in his life.  He knew he was considered a catch by the Beta girls.  He'd fucked enough of them since presenting as an Alpha, but they weren't what his body called out for in the night.  In his rut.

"Several months ago, the circus was traveling through the forests of Anglico.  It's a dense, dark forest that many fear is haunted," Clarence began his story in a hushed tone, "We had no choice but to stop in the forest because one of the trailers needed repair.  In the middle of the night, our wolf-boy started a terrible racket.  Howling as if the very hounds of Hell were approaching our camp, he filled all of us with fear.  Convinced that night would be our last, we gathered at our fire with every weapon available."

"I know that now they look formidable," he gestured to the Beta guards standing around the tent's perimeter, "but I tell you truly that at that time we were but a humble circus with naught but a few shotguns to our name."

Jacob, like most other Alphas, could scent a blatant lie.  It's why this type of show was never very successful.  Betas would fall for these type of charades, but Alphas could tell immediately when it was a sham.  Surprisingly, Clarence was telling the truth. Mostly.  There was a hint of deception there, but Jacob couldn't tell what exactly he was lying about.  He was a showman.  It could be more exaggeration than an outright lie.

"Our wolf-boy continued to howl until he fell silent.  No howl, no scream, nothing... until we heard a most unusual sound.  It was a rumbly sound.  If a wolf could purr, that's what this noise sounded like.  You see, our wolf-boy, he was sold to us by his parents who could no longer bear the shame of his appearance.  He's always been quite feral.  No one can approach his cage.  We throw him food, but he has never let a single human into his cage without either attacking them or being tranquilized first."

"Imagine our surprise when we made it to his cage to find our wolf-boy was not alone."

Dramatic pause.  Jacob barely refrained from rolling his eyes, but he still found himself along with every other Alpha entranced and waiting with bated breath for the rest of the story.

"Inside his cage, petting him as if he were a tame puppy, was a girl.  A tiny little girl.  Fully grown! But so petite that she could slip through the bars of the wolf-boy's cage.  Our wolf-boy lay with his head gently in her lap while she ran her fingers through his hair as if he were a normal person and not a freak."

"Now, I know what you think when you see me," he gestured to himself with one hand, "but despite outward appearances, I am indeed an Alpha." A few scoffs of disbelief followed his declaration, but Jacob looked at Clarence with a new perspective.  Alphas, as a genetic rule, easily topped more than six feet  Clarence might be four foot tall and that was being generous., but being an Alpha would explain how he managed to keep an audience of Alphas under control.

"I know, friends.  I know," Clarence chuckled at his own expense, but Jacob caught a hint of anger behind the genial smile, "but it is true.  And as we approached this little lady who had invaded our savage wolf-boy's domain, I scented the most amazing fragrance that I have ever smelled in my life."

Silence.  Clarence swept his gaze from one side of the tent from the other, and Jacob felt the anticipation rising in the room.

"An Omega," Clarence whispered in hushed tones that he made sure reached to the back of the tent.  "Her sweet scent caused my cock to become rock hard in seconds.  She filled my lungs.  Even in the dark of night, everything looked brighter.  More alive.  There are several Alphas, including the wolf-boy, who travel with us.  We were all entranced by her mere presence."

"An Omega," he breathed it out again and every Alpha in the room was caught up in his story.

    _________________________________________________________________________

To be finished in Ruled by the Alpha - Available Fall 2022!!