Sam nods in agreement, wishing there was something to say to make her feel better.

"I want to prove him right, I want to help Jack be good." Dakota continues, realizing she wasn't going to get an answer from Sam.

Jack starts to grunt as pushes himself to a sitting position, Sam moves himself in front of Dakota protectively. Jack suddenly springs up, spinning around and sliding into a defensive position, glaring at the Winchesters suspiciously.

"Woah, woah, woah. Easy, easy, easy, easy." Sam mumbles, panicked.

Dakota inches out from behind Sam, edging closer to the Nephilim and ignoring Sam's outstretched hands. She feels the same pull that she felt outside, it reminded her of the one she had with Cas when they first met, but this was stronger.

"Jack, it's okay." She says gently, showing him her palms. "You're okay. I'm not gonna hurt you, alright? Sammy's not gonna hurt you. It's okay."

"He's already hurt me." Jack hisses, glaring at Sam. Dakota stands in front of his gaze, blocking his vision of Sam.

"Hey, Jack, look at me." Dakota demands, her voice soft yet stern. Jack's eyes slowly move over to her. "He's sorry that he hurt you, he didn't know what to do. A-are you okay?"

"I don't, I..." Jack trails in confusion. "I was scared, and when I get scared things happen. I...I can't stop them." Jack's eyes stop glowing, his body trembling slightly.

"Why were you scared?" Sam and Dakota question at the same time.

"Because of the voices." He answers quietly. "They were so...loud, so...angry."

Dakota frowns at him sadly, trying to inch closer but Sam catches her arm.

"Do you hear them right now?" Dakota asks him softly.

Sam watches the scene with narrowed eyes.

Jack looks around in confusion, like he's listening for the voices that were once screaming at him. "No."

Dakota stands up and Jack mirrors her, watching the young hunter curiously.

"Good." Sam chuckles nervously. He exhales sharply, trying to calm himself down.

Dakota pulls her gaze away from Jack, and sits next to her uncle--taking his hand comfortingly. Jack sits on the bed across from them, pulling his feet up and crossing his legs. Dakota gives him an encouraging smile.

"I'm sorry." Jack apologizes softly, his eyes darting between the Winchesters. Dakota's brow furrow.

"What?" Sam questions, sharing Dakota's confusion. They both stare at Jack with identical expressions.

"Will you tell them that I'm sorry?" Jack asks instead of answering.

"Yeah." Sam nods, wrapping his arm around Dakota to comfort himself more than her. Jack makes him really nervous, unsure of whether to trust the Nephilim or not. And Sam doesn't really like whatever connection Dakota has with him.

"Sure. Of course." Dakota agrees, smiling.

"Jack...how are you, uh, how are we...talking right now?" Sam struggles to ask, not understanding how Jack is a teenager when he was born yesterday. "I mean, you're--you're not even a day old. How do you speak English?"

Jack looks down and smiles softly, Dakota's expression softens as she watches him.

"My mother taught me." Jack answers.

"So you talked to her?" Dakota asks quietly.

"I was her." Jack corrects, looking up at Dakota--her cheeks redden slightly under his gaze.