A New Fairy Tail Member - Chapter 71 - A True Sacrifice

Chapter 71 - A True Sacrifice

Previously...

Melanie was on the ground, wearing normal clothes as Zeref falls to ground, unconscious.

The smoke disappears and all the destruction is restored, like nothing happened.

But, the group stands in front of Melanie and Zeref, surprised.

"What happened?", Natsu asked.

"Look!", Lucy pointed at the trees as the smoke disappeared. The trees went back to normal.

Everyone looked at their surroundings with awe as they looked at me.

"Did she....", Aurelie looked at me with surprised eyes.

Erza closed her eyes and said with a little bit of disbelief, "She sacrificed her powers."

Everyone gasped.

EARLIER...

"Do you want to bring me into the light so badly?", Zeref asked as I reacted with surprise and looked at him. "In order to defeat me, you have to sacrifice your life."

"A sacrifice?", I asked.

"Yes. You must sacrifice all your powers, relieving Earth, healing me, and saving your friends."

I was silent.

"It is your decision. You can die or fight using your life."

I looked at him as my heart started to beat. I looked down as I started to tremble.

"What do you want to do?"

I clenched my fists and continued to tremble. "I don't know.....I don't know.....I don't know what to do!" Images of my family and everyone in Fairy Tail came into my mind. "I can't let them suffer! I can't! I don't want....I don't want this to end in chaos! And yet....I don't want to sacrifice my powers! I don't.....I don't know what to do!"

Zeref looked at me as I tears started started to fall from my eyes.

Tears continued to fall as I clenched my teeth and looked at him with confident eyes. "I'll sacrifice my life with my powers!"

"Hmph. I thought so. Well then, just finish me off," he said as he closed his eyes and raised his hands, showing that he surrendered.

I continued to cry as I ex-quipped into The Nature Fairy: Amethyst.

"I'm sorry, everyone....please forgive me....I will come back! I promise!"

I spread my arms apart.

"This.....is the last attack.... This power holds everything I have...."

I raised my arms up.

"This for Fairy Tail, my family, and.....the people I love!"

I started glow a rainbow color.

"I love you all!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!" I closed my eyes.

Me: GALAXY'S SHINE!!!!!!!!

A bright light was unleashed.

Earth turned back to normal, everyone was saved, and Zeref was healed.

After the light dimmed, my clothes turned back to normal, my mother's crystal necklace rainbow color turned into white, I fell to the ground, and I was powerless. As Zeref fell to the ground, his red eyes turned brown and large black shadow got out of him, turning into white sparkles.