Dina raises a brow.

"You're totally crushing on Daamir!" I tease her by pretending to be really shocked.

"Shhhh! Ya Allah! Why are you announcing this to the whole world?" Dina looks around, panicked, to see if anyone heard.

"Daamir's out here sleeping around and Peter's out here hitting on every female in this house, including one of my best friends. Fourth year has really started off with a kick." I say with a hint of humour in my tone.

Suddenly, Dina starts giggling. "When did this college party turn into a pity party for us?"

"The second we thought we had a chance in our love life's this year." I answer her then burst into laughter.

"What are you two ladies laughing about? Let me in on the joke." A voice interrupts us, scaring me half to death.

"Peter! What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I came here to talk to two beautiful ladies." He smirks.

"Sure." I roll my eyes so hard that I thought I felt my eyeballs almost pop out.

"Where's Beena?" Dina asks, making me start looking around quickly.

I totally forgot I was here for Beena.

"Don't worry. She's safe with Zoya." He smiles, making my heart skip a beat.

"Where's Munir?" I ask.

That question seemed to have made Peter slightly upset because he goes on to ask, "Why? Am I not exciting enough?"

"No." I say flatly.

"Are you serious? Do we know the same Peter? Actually, do we know the same Munir? How can you think of him as more exciting than me?" He frowns.

I can see Dina from the corner of my eyes, trying not to burst into a fit of giggles.

"Because he's not trying to get into the pants of every girl he sees." I fire back.

"Oh? Is that what this is? You're jealous?" A playful smile appears on his face.

I've really done it for myself this time.

"You wish, Mr. Peter Bilal."

"Wish? It seems that it's a reality, Ms. Amara Mahmoud." He chuckles in the most attractive way.

If I was having this conversation with literally anyone else, I would've been able to laugh this off as a joke but for some reason I'm getting extremely defensive about his comments.

"You're—"

"Amara! We should get going." Dina stops me from saying anything further and tugs on my sleeve.

"Do you need a ride back home?" Peter offers.

I take a deep breath in and out to calm myself down. "No, thank you for the offer. I actually drove us here so we have a ride."

"Okay, that's cool. See you at school." He says.

I nod and as I walk away, I feel my heart beating too fast from -what I guess- are nerves. Peter has really found a way

• • •

Peter's POV

I watch her try to keep her frustration at bay. For some reason, she looks absolutely adorable trying not to cuss me out.

"Okay, that's cool. See you at school." I wave at her goodbye.

As she walks away, I shake my head. She's an interesting one. Most girls would have been at my feet already... more like on their knees, I smirk.

"Oh, fuck! Was that Dina?" Daamir rests his arm on my shoulder.

"Uh, yeah." I answer.

"I told her to meet me here because I had a question about the project but I totally got sidetracked by some hot chick. Shit!" He sighs.

"You stood her up? That's cruel, man." I tease him.

His demeanour changes to playful. "So... was that the famous Amara you haven't stopped talking about?"

"Sure was." I say.

"What do you plan on doing with her?" He asks.

"Same old." I answer.

"Ha! And you call me cruel. At least my women know what they're getting themselves into." He shakes his head.

I don't say anything back because he knows I can be a little twisted, sometimes.

I want to steal her heart and I have no intentions of giving it back until she's completely mine.

- - -

A/N: you'll see more of Zoya more after this!

Next Update: Monday, June 17 @ 11 AM (EST/Toronto Time), Insh'Allah!

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!