Chapter 3

(1 week later)

(1 week later)

I blinked open my eyes a couple of times and was met with 4 sets of eyes. I sat up quickly which hurt. Two of the people I recognized were the dudes who saved me. My mouth wasn't sewed shut anymore. "It's okay, these are doctors, they've been taking care of you over the last week" Lex said "can you tell me your name?" The lady doctor asked. "I don't remember it" I said she nodded "what's the last thing you do remember?" She asked "waking up in the woods" I said she nods. "I thought so, she has Amnesia" the lady said. "Is it permanent?" Clark asked the lady shakes her head. "It's to early to tell" she said. She then turned back to me and goes to say something but doesn't. I was in some pain. I whimpered "what's wrong love? Hungry, thirsty, sore, need to use the restroom, scared?" Lex rambled on, I didn't know what any of that meant. I shrugged my shoulders. "Do you not know, what hunger or sore is?" Dr. Hightower asked I looked down and shake my head. "No, I'm sorry" he said "it's worse then I feared, but at least she had empathy, so that's good" the lady said I was lost again. I whimpered again this time my hand went straight to my ribs. "Pain!" Clark shots scaring me. "Sorry... Your rib is broken... Not well, your in pain" he said quieter. I just nodded. "I'll give you some pain medication now and I'll write you out a slip to get you more" she said taking out a needle, she sticks me with it and I began to bawl. "Shh..shh.. all done little one all done" Lex said he looked like he might cry as well. The doctor's and the dudes exited the room and talked for a bit. The lady then came back inside. "Lex and Clark said you can stay here, are you okay with that?" She asked where else would I go? I didn't know who I was or anything. But I've been here for a week and I was safe and warm here. I gave a small smile and nodded. "Good, I'll be back in a few days to check on you, Lex and Clark have everything they need to take care of you, please listen to them" she said I just nodded like an idiot. After she left the room, Lex and Clark entered. I had this need for something I just didn't know what. I made grabby hands. "You want a hug? You want me to pick you up?" Lex asked "I guess?" I said Lex and Clark both chuckle and Lex bent down to hug me, after a few minutes he tried to pull away but I kept my grip. Apparently that meant I wanted picked up because he picked me up and carefully. "Awe" Clark said. I rested my head on Lex's shoulder and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"We made up a room for you, would you like to see it?" I asked the girl

"We made up a room for you, would you like to see it?" I asked the girl. She smiled and said yes. "We should give you a name" I said she smiled again. "How about Izzy?" I asked she put her finger to her chin and tapped it a couple of times. "Izzy I like it" she said Clark and I both smiled. I lead Izzy to her room, the door was shut and painted pink.  I put her down. "Go ahead and open your door" I said she looked up at me and then reached for the door. After a few moments she figured out how to open the door.
***************
613 words

Next update after I get -

2 or 3 vote
1 comment
Or 10 views