Chapter 2

The girl fell asleep in the back seat as I drove I looked over at Lex in awe

The girl fell asleep in the back seat as I drove I looked over at Lex in awe. I was expecting him to say something like we can't keep her. But he stayed quiet, barely able to keep his eyes off the girl. "Who would do something so horrible?" He whispered as he shakes his head. I gripped the steering wheel tightly, I better not find out who because I would probably kill them.

Dr. Dallas met us at the Manor, Lex got the girl and carried her inside. "My God, what happened to this poor girl?" She asked as Lex carried her to the guest bedroom and laid her down in the bed. "Should I wake her?" He asked she shakes her head no. "Probably best if I sedate her" she said she had lex remove his coat from the girl, while Dr. Dallas pulled out a gown for her to wear. Once the gown was on she got to work sedating the girl. The girl didn't wake when we undressed her, redressed her or when she was stuck with the needle. But she was still breathing which had to be a good sign right? Lex and I were asked to step out, of course neither of us wanted to. But we followed the doctors orders.

It was several hours later and Dr. Dallas still hadn't come out of the room. I bonced in my seat. I looked at Lex and couldn't wait any longer. "Can we keep her?" I asked. He looked over at me and gives me a weak smile. "If she wants to stay then yes" he said then went back to whatever he was doing on his phone. We heard the front door open and in comes my parents. "Clark, Lex we are back from Metropolis" my mom called out. I rushed down the stairs and helped them with their bags. "How's the baby?" I asked "doing just fine son, doing just fine" my dad said I smiled

I look towards the stairs. "Why the long face son?" My dad asked I told them about the girl. "You can't keep her, what are you going to tell people? you found her in the woods?" My mom asked "we didn't find her, she found us" I said (I had to lol)

I got my parents stuff to their room. "It's been a long day son, I think you mom and I are gonna eat and then head off to bed" my dad said "wake us if there's anything trouble" said my mom. "Okay and I will" I said

 "Okay and I will" I said

"What is taking so long..." I thought to myself. Internally growling. Dr. Dallas finally came out of the room. I stood and called for Clark. He came running like the speed of lightning. "I managed to get the stiches out, I applied some ointment to her mouth. I'll give you a script for more to be applied at least two times a day. I counted over 200 bruise's, 10 major scars and multiple little ones, and over 1000 cuts and scraps to her body. I did my best to attend to those wounds as well, it feels like she has some broken ribs but without an x-ray I can't say for sure, it also looks like someone hit her with something hard to the back of the head multiple times, I don't think she has any internal bleeding, but I'm having Dr. Hightower bring me a portable x-ray machine just to make sure. I'm also having him bring some fuild bags, just by her appearance she can't weight more then 80 pounds and is seriously malnourished, I've took some blood and process them tonight to see what we are dealing with. And it's probably best if I put a feeding tube in her and keep her sedated for a few days, to give her mouth some time to heal.... I spaced out from there. "She needs a lot of TLC, I'm assuming you two are okay with her staying here or should I make arrangements to take her to the hospital?" She asked Clark slightly pushes me. "The doctor is talking to you" he said "huh, oh no, we can take care of her, that's no problem" I said she smiled and nodded. "I'll make the arrangements to have either myself or Dr. Hightower to be here at least twice a day" she said and I nodded. "Sound good thank you doctor" I said soon Dr. Hightower came with the X-ray machine and other stuff, they both disappeared back into the guest room. "I'll go order us something to eat" Clark said I nodded, after awhile the doctors came out and gave some good news. "She doesn't have any internal bleeding... 2 of her ribs are broken though, we've rapped them up. Now we will be out of your way, we will be back tomorrow" Dr. Hightower said I smiled a little "thanks" I said I showed them out, getting to the door just as the food delivery person was about to knock. He hands me the food and I go off to find Clark so we could eat.
*******************
864 words, will do another chapter when this chapter gets at least one comment and 10 views or until I have updated one of my other books.