⚓️ FIVE ~ CONFUSED ⚓️

"Oi, Gil

"Oi, Gil. Where's Harry?" Maddy called as she entered the Shoppe the next morning, unable to see her volatile boyfriend.

"Running an errand for Uma, I think."

"Of course." Maddy rolled her eyes.

She couldn't even count the number of times that Harry had cancelled plans/dates with her to do something for his Captain. To say it irritated the girl would be an understatement. On the other hands, Maddy knew that if she begged, Harry would change all his plans and stay with her.

"Would you mind the pleasure of my company?"

"Obviously not." Gil smiled, pulling out the stool next to him and offering his friend a chip.

Smiling at Gaston's son, she happily sat next to him before pinching another fry from his plate.

"You know, you're the only person in the crew that's truly nice to me." Gil casually stated as if he was talking about the weather (which was always dull on the Isle).

"I'm sure that's not true." Maddy said, trying to comfort the frowning boy, which was a rarity.

"It is. Everyone treats me like I'm some dumb joke, and maybe I am, but you don't. You treat me like I matter."

"You do matter!" Maddy exclaimed, pulling her long haired friend in for a hug. "You are one of my best friends, Gil. You are always there when I need you and yes, you are a bit dopey sometimes. But, that's what makes you so loveable. You always cheer me up and you do not deserve the way you are treated!"

"Are you serious? You really mean that?"
Sadness swam in Gil's eyes and Maddy's heart broke for the boy who was usually nothing but cheery. Everyone always teased him for obtaining his father's intelligence bu he had always taken it on the chin; never showing that it affected him. Now that Maddy knew the truth, it upset her to see how the cruelty of others had hurt her friend.

"Yes! And even if you're not typically smart, you have wonderful knowledge in other areas. Swordplay, for example. And your hunting knowledge astounds me."

"Thank you, for always sticking up for me. Even if it means disagreeing with Harry. You do so many wonderful things for me." Gil squeezed her shoulder. "Like, sitting outside with me until I'm allowed back in after I've pissed off Uma. You never leave me out of things. You're the nicest person I know and I noticed you were down yesterday so I wanted you to know how much I appreciate you." Gil whispered into Maddy's neck, the pair of them still in their hug.

Announcing herself by clearing her throat, Uma gave Maddy a pointed look at the interaction between her two crew members.

Pulling apart, Gil went back to his food whilst Maddy followed Uma into the kitchen to lend her a hand.

"What the hell was that about?"

"He just wanted to make sure I was okay after yesterday."

"Oh, does little Gil have feelings for you? Harry would skewer him." Uma chuckled at the idea of causing mayhem, especially if she got to watch Gil take a beating from a jealous Harry.