⚓️ THREE ~ BROKEN ⚓️

As the sun shone brightly, covered by ominous dark clouds, Uma and her crew were once again, spending the day at Ursula's

As the sun shone brightly, covered by ominous dark clouds, Uma and her crew were once again, spending the day at Ursula's. Either they were on the ship, stealing from people, or eating food. Nothing exciting ever happened at the Isle of the Lost, even for the infamous pirate crew.

Being forced to spend the day working, Uma was bustling back and forth from the kitchen with various plates of food in her hand. Occasionally, she would stop by Maddy's table (who had hidden herself away in a corner) to ask if she wanted anything but other than that, the two girls hardly spoke to each other.

A gust of wind blew into the Saloon as the doors swung open, ricocheting off the battered walls. Strolling in through the doors, Harry threw the fish dangling from his hook at the nearest waitress. Upon seeing his girlfriend, he shot her a cheeky grin before walking straight past her and towards Gil, who was sat at the bar shoveling fries in his mouth.

Turning on the TV, Harry couldn't help the snarl that settled on his face upon hearing the name 'Mal'. Even Maddy had slightly turned so that she could see the screen upon her sister's name being mentioned.

Storming into the room, the blue haired Captain stole some fish from Gil's plate (much to his protest) and launched it at the small, grubby screen; straight at Mal's face.

"Poser." Uma snarled.

"Traitor." Harry chorused, ever the dutiful First Mate.

"Hello?" Uma snapped when everyone remained quiet. Almost immediately, everyone started throwing items of food at the TV.

"How I would relish in wiping the smiles of their smug faces. You know what I mean?" Harry giggled, picking a piece of undercooked fish off the small screen.

"Gil! Stop shovelling food down your throat and get with the program." Uma growled, glaring at the oblivious boy who hadn't insulted the Princess-to-be.

"Yeah." Gil mumbled through a mouthful of food. "What they said."

Trying to tune back out of the conversation, Maddy felt tears sting her eyes as Uma's speech hit too hard to home.

"That little traitor, who left us in the dirt."

Scoffing to herself, Maddy couldn't help the bitter feelings coursing through her. What did Uma know about being left in the dirt? It wasn't as if her twin sister had abandoned her. She was just disgruntled that King Ben had not chosen her, Maddy thought.

"Who turned her back on evil." Harry spat at the TV.

"Who said you weren't big or bad enough to be in her gang. Back when we were kids." Gil's speech was met with blank stares from the Captain and her First Mate. "Come on, you remember. She called you Shrimpy and the name stuck. Maddy was there."

Sinking deeper into the shadows, Maddy remembered those days vividly. As one of the feared VK's, Maddy had partaken in the torment of Uma and the other children who had not been 'fearsome' enough to join the crew. She had been mean, cruel, and taunting. Especially to some of the people she now called friends. Uma, however, had suffered the most at the hands of Mal. Name calling, tripping her in the street, stealing things, humiliating her.

"She grabbed everything and left me with nothing." Uma continued, anger building as she recounted the grievances against her.

"That's not true. She left you the sandbox and said you could have the shrimp-"

"I need you to stop talking." Uma hissed at Gil, who shrunk into himself upon gazing at the coldness in Uma's dark brown eyes.

Now that they were close friends, Uma and Maddy hardly argued anymore but one thing that always had Maddy biting Uma's head off was the way she treated Gil.

Having zoned out, Maddy hadn't realised that for the past ten minutes, she had been sketching the outline of Mal's facial features, starting with the green dragon eyes. Scribbling out the quick drawing, Maddy gripped the pencil too firmly and snapped in two. Thankfully, nobody was paying her any attention to see the fury rolling off her in waves; at this point, she wasn't sure who it was directed towards. Herself, Uma, or Mal?

"What's my name?" Uma demanded,

"Uma." Harry whispered, placing his hat on his chest and getting down on one knee before his Captain.

"This is all hands on deck.
Calling out to lost and boys.
I'm getting tired of the disrespect.
We won't stop 'till we rule the world.
It's our time, we up next!
Our sail's about to be set.
They ain't seen nothing yet!
Tell 'em who's in charse.
So they don't forget."

Whilst the rest of the crew began singing the chorus and dancing around the restaurant, Maddy remained seated watching the scene before her with vague amusement. However, she couldn't help but let out a giggle when the men started doing a weird pushup, wiggle dance move.

During the second chorus, the crew started clambering on the tables and once Harry started singing, he jumped upon Maddy's table and began wiggling his body at her.

"You know what they, bad girls have all the fun.
Never learned how to count 'cause I'm number one."

Jumping off the table, the hooked boy pulled his girlfriend to her feet, twirling her around the room and admiring the way her dark hair floated around her.

"Ready, here we come. We always get our way.
It's a pirate's life, every single day.
She's the Captain, I'm the First Mate.
Enemies seasick can't see straight.
Call 'em fish bait, throw 'em on a hook.
Maddy's so hot they get burned if they look."

Eventually giving in, the daughter of Maleficent allowed herself to be pulled up onto the table next to Uma and joined in with the singing. Finishing the song, everyone took deep breaths as they stopped dancing. Laughing at each other, they barely had time to relax before a long, purple tentacle slithered into the room, snapping at the legs of anyone it could reach.

"Shut your clams!" Ursula screeched from upstairs. "Those dishes ain't gonna wash themselves."

"It's fine." Uma reassured herself, trying to keep calm. "When I get my chance, I will rain evil down on Auradon. They're going to forget that girl and remember the name-"

"Shrimpy!" Gil exclaimed happily.

One look from Uma had Harry grabbing Gil by the scruff of his neck and escorting him out of the Chip Shoppe. Trying to walk back in, Gil found his way blocked by Harry who walked him right back out. Clenching her fists in anger, Maddy made sure to knock into her boyfriend as she barged past him to sit next to Gil on the decking, keeping him company.

Shoulder to shoulder, the two children of Villain's spent the next two hours talking to each other until Uma decided Gil was allowed back in. Throwing her arm over Gil's shoulder, Maddy hugged the boy to her side before storming back in, away from Harry and Uma.