Three Months Waiting (Nobunaga Oda x Reader)

Começar do início

"Lord Nobunaga! You've returned! I have something of the utmost urgency that I need to show you!"

"Not now, Mitsunari," he grumbled, his pace unrelenting as he headed towards his rooms in the tenshu. He just wanted to be alone with his grief for a few more moments before he was forced to begin his life without you. Just a little while longer...

"But, my lord-"

The Demon King spun around, a snarl on his lips as he ground out, "Not. Now."

Gentle face pinched in concern and utter seriousness, Mitsunari continued, undeterred, "It's about (y/n)!"

That made him stop. Why was even the sound of your name suddenly so precious to him? He recovered quickly, advancing suddenly on his vassal and making him take a few steps back. 

"She's gone." The words tasted bitter on his tongue. "What news could you possibly have about her? Whatever it is, I suggest you say it quickly. I'm not in the most patient mood at the moment." 

"A ninja, Sasuke I believe his name was, arrived a while ago and gave me this." Mitsunari held up the book in his hand. It had a strange, shiny surface for the cover and what appeared to be metal spirals going up the side. "It's full of calculations I've never seen before, but the fact of the matter is that (y/n) may be able to return to this time!"

Nobunaga was rendered speechless, made silent by the sudden wave of cautious relief that weakened his knees and left him breathless. You could...come back to him? Swallowing, he forced him to speak, question this possibility in case he got his hopes up only for them to be mercilessly dashed by fate once more. If there was even the slightest chance that you could return to him...

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it's still rather unclear to me, but before he left, Sasuke mentioned something about a wormhole. If he's right, another will appear in three months, connecting this time to 500 years in the future and-"

"Allowing her to come back."

"That's correct."

"I see." It was an odd feeling, feeling so lost one moment and so driven the next. But it all seemed too simple. "Was there anything else?"

"Yes. He said there was one thing that needed to be done to ensure she isn't forced back again." An uncertain look spread across Mitsunari's face and Nobunaga lifted a brow.

"And that would be?"

"History has to adhere to that of (y/n)'s timeline...for that, you have to die."

Humming, Nobunaga averted his gaze from Mitsunari. Really, he should've expected something like this, but he wasn't concerned either. He had no intention of dying, at least not truly, not when there was a possibility you would come back.

Thus, Nobunaga formed a plan to fake his death. His ambition to unite Japan still remained at the forefront of his mind, but if this was the only way to keep you here, then so be it. He couldn't bear having you taken away from him a second time.

In the end he only had to wait three months for you to return to him. Three months of hell as he tried to piece his broken heart back together with promises that you would return to him and crying himself to sleep without you in his arms, but only three months.

The first month saw an overabundance of planning.

Nobunaga threw himself into his work, making plans to fake his death and leave everything to Hideyoshi. He wasn't going to give up on his goal, not at all. He was just going to make it so he could reach that goal with you permanently by his side.