Animal Cruelty

I may be big and powerful, but I feel pain too. I may look strong, and I may look powerful, but I hurt just the same as you. Just because I'm not human doesn't mean that when I scream it doesn't hurt. I feel everything you do to me, but I can't stop it. That's because if I object, you'll just hurt me more. And I never forget. Elephants never do. I remember every whip, every hit, every cut, every drop of blood that oozes out of my hyde. I remember you pulling on my tusks until they come out, you swinging your metal claw into my leg. I never forget. I'm helpless, even though I'm so big. I must obey, or die.

I may seem dumb, just grazing with grass hanging out of my mouth, but I feel pain too. I'm a cow, and I live on this world the same as you do. You rip me away from my family, you slaughter them in front of me. You make sure their deaths are as slow and painful as possible. You've beaten my brother to death in front of me. You've hacked away at my child. You've torn my bretheren's skin off, so you could sell it as your own. I just don't get why. You starve us on the way to our death at the slaughterhouse. You make our eyes bleed by rubbing spices in it. You prod us and stab us with your metal sticks so we move. We can't move any longer. We can barely stand up. You watch and laugh as one by one we collapse to the ground, as we all fall and die.

I may seem small and stupid. Maybe I don't understand much. But I understand what it feels to be lonely. I'm just a little kitten, not even grown up yet. I'm going crazy, pacing around in this tiny box. It smells in here. I haven't been fed for three days. I don't know where my mother is, or my brothers and sisters. I've seen others in the cages beside me die. I'm tortured by you, in your white coat. You shock me with your metal rods. You inject me with things that hurt, and make me feel funny. I'm scared. I don't know what's going to happen. I don't know if I'll live another day, I don't know if I'll die today. I just want to live. I want to live free, like you do. Why are we the one's you're doing this to? Why are you doing this to us? I look into your eyes everyday, and see the cruelty. You just don't care if we die, do you? We're just things to you. Things that you can play with, and when we're not needed anymore, you toss us away like trash. Isn't that what you do? We can scream and convulse in pain, and you don't care. I've seen one of you stomp on a dog's head and watch the blood pour out of it's mouth and nose. you don't care if we're in pain. You just want us as play things until we die.

I may look like a fish, but I'm a mammal too. I breathe, same as you do. I scream in pain, same as you do. I have a family, same as you. I want to protect them, just like you would protect your own. You corner us, hurt our family so we won't fight, and then drag us to the docks so that you can slice open our bodies and watch us bleed to death. You watch us squirm and scream, writhing in pain, and you laugh at us. We can see our family dying, we can see that we're lying in a pool of our own blood. We can see your cruel eyes, eyes that have a cold, hard gleam. Don't you understand you're killing us? Don't you understand that you're killing an innocent being? We may not have legs or arms, but we hurt just as much as you do.

You say that fishes die easily, that they don't feel pain. That is where you're wrong. Fish's nervous system is more complex than yours. It's hyper aware of everything. We feel everything around us. When we're in pain, trust me, we feel it. You stick metal rods in our side, take away the water we breathe in. You watch as we slowly bleed to death, as well as suffocate. You beat us with mallets, and when it's all done, when we're dead, you feed on our flesh. Just because we live in water, does that make it okay in your eyes? Does that make it okay that you're killing innocent beings? You say you're innocent, because you haven't killed a human. But you have killed a life. Never forget, you have killed . You have taken a life.

We animals are just the same as you. We feel love, pain, loneliness. We suffer just the same as you. How would you feel if you were locked up in a cage for 95% of your entire life? Left to watch as the humans with greasy hands and faces point and laugh at you while you slowly die inside. While your mind slowly goes to ruin, as you pace back and forth in your cage. What have we done to you? Why must we suffer? Why must over 10 billion animals in the us alone die from your cruelty? When will this holocaust end? When will the murder and violence stop? When will freedom reign for us? You may have gotten your freedom, but you haven't gotten rid of your slaves. Our torture continues, day after day, but you don't even shed a tear. You may boast about how 'merciful' you humans are. But there is no mercy when it comes to different species. There is no mercy when it comes to us. So tell us, when will with this end? When?