CHAPTER 5

Jamie's P.O.V

She sighs again,"So,it was a rainy day and a man was heading to his home.He was about to take a step out of the building when he stumbled upon a box."

Her expression changes and she put her right hand on her forehead."Inside the box,lived a little female baby.She was wet due to the heavy rain so the man took her back inside the building.He and his crew have searched for her parents.But they are no where to be found.So the man decided to raise her as his own."

She pauses to take of her hair tie and let her hair fall free.Her hair blocks me from seeing her face.I guess she did that on purpose.

"He named the baby Elavinne Estcorts......The man happens to be a partizan,so he also took her as one of his student.He train her everyday and she grows to be the best shooter at the organization."

She runs her fingers through her hair and stares at me."That's what 'they' told me.I mean....I don't know if the whole story is true but,I have nobody else to trust,so yeah...."

"Have you ever thought of searching your parents? I asks.

"No.Why would I?"she stands up and picks up her jacket."If they want me,they wouldn't have abandoned me. I-I just don't see the point in searching for them.

"Oh..."

She wears her jacket and leans on the wall,"By being a partizan,I can at least repays him.I don't want him to think that I'm a waste of time and effort.So that's why I can't fail at this job."

Elavinne's P.O.V

Wait...what am I doing?Why am I telling him my backstory all of a sudden?

I stand up straight and quickly apologise to him,"Sorry!I don't know what just happened.I shouldn't have done that.Sorry for talking to mu-"

"Hey...it's okay. It's nice to get to know you a bit."

He walks towards me and put his hand on my shoulder,"Pro tip,if you want to get closer to Ellie,don't call her....'princess'.Call her Ellie instead.Works for me."

I let out a chuckle and I smile at him,"Thanks for the tip,Jamie.And thank you for listening to my story."

"No problem."

***

I just took a bath to clean myself from the sweat I was producing at the gym.

Jamie is actually really nice.He's willing to listen at my boring story patiently and he gave me a tip too.When I sat with him,his deadly aura goes away.So I felt comfortable with him.

I'm excited to meet the pri-,no...I mean Ellie.I want to give it another go. It's almost 7 pm now,so I have to get ready and meet her.

I wear the same suit and make up but this time I keep my hair untie.

I've decided that I'm just going to have a little conversation with her,so I'm not going to bring my books.

I go out of my room and head to Ellie's bedroom since its the most likely room she'll be in at night.

I knock her door twice and ask for permisson to come in."Excuse me,may I come in?"

Ellie's P.O.V

She's here....I have to control myself this time.