CHAPTER 3

Elavinne's P.O.V

The king and the queen walks me around the castle and gives me a quick tour. They are very nice and very welcoming.I can't help myself to act formal,but the queen told me not to.I guess I just have to get used to that.

"And over there you can see the maids corner."said the king.

All the maids are align perfectly facing us.Looks like they are trained very well.

"That's brings us to the end of the tour."said the queen.

The king walks towards me,"now,your duties."

He walks away from the maids corner so me and the queen follows him. He's heading towards a room.

When he opens the door,a light shines through and I can see inside the room which seems like his office.

The room is very big.Infact I'm pretty sure it's bigger than my room.

There's a white round couch circling a glass coffee table.At the very back,you can see the heavy brown office table with a tall black cushion office chair.I notice there's a lot of books inside his bookcase which is all around the room covering the white wall.

"Wow..."

The king enters the room and sits on his office chair.Since there's only one chair,the queen stands beside him and she places both of her hands on the king's shoulders.

I walk towards them and stops right infront of the office table.

"Elavinne.."

"Yes,my king?"

"Your job is very important.Not only you have to guard my daughter,you also have to get her closer to become a proper princess.She is the next heir to the throne and she never wants to act like one."

"She can be harsh and hot headed sometimes.But I promise you,you and Jamie will do an amazing job."the queen added.

"She's right.Elanor may be.....'hard',but I'm sure a person such as like you can handle her.If you have any questions you can ask Jamie.Since Jamie has been working with us for years now and we won't be present most of the time.oh...and don't forget about the contract."

"Of course."I replied.

The king reaches his hand in a drawer and takes out a binder."There are a lot more information in this binder.You can go ahead and read this in your room."

"Thank you,my king.I will gladly accept it."

"You're welcome,you are dismissed."

I give him a light bow and walk to the door.When I'm about to open the door,a hand touches me on the back.So I look who's behind me and it turns out to be Queen Matilde.

"Good luck,Ella."

Ella..such a cute nickname she gave me.She makes me feel like a true human.

"Thank you,my queen."I give her a light bow and leave the room.

***

I walk into my room to read the binder the king gave me.I sit on my desk and open the binder.

Wow this is a lot.

The royal family's bio,the royal staff's bio,Maradova history,Maradova rules,Maradova language,Maradova traditions,Maradova etiquette,eating schedule and many more.

I've read something like this before I got to the palace,but this one has way more information in it.

I start to flip the pages around and I found Nicolay Olav's bio.He is my trainer and the king's partizan.