~ Twelfth Chapter ~

ابدأ من البداية

They struggled for a few moments while Taiga's hair had gone away from her. It flew in the air. Taiga stepped back a few steps. Green-haired vampire had managed to cut her five times on the face and hands. As she walked away, he approached her. Peripherally, she looked at Kuro.

The blue-haired vampire had a sword in his hands too. He defended himself from Kuro's claws. But Kuro did not stop. He continued to attack with the blue-black claws. The blood came from vampire's cheeks when he was caught by the claw.

"Taiga, watch out!" Leah screamed.

She focused back on the vampire in front of her. He swung his sword on her. At the last moment, Taiga stopped it with her hands. The sword was a few inches away from her face. The vampire continued to push the sword toward her, and she struggled to hold it above her face. The ground cracked from the force with which she resisted him.

"Who are you?" she asked quietly, even though she was terribly tired of holding on her feet. "Who are your masters?"

"Nine major, big vampires. You've met four of them, I believe." he said with a grin. "We are lower vampires, we follow our master's orders."

"Subclass..." muttered Taiga quietly.

She crunched her teeth and with one arm received the blade of a sword. The other one, with all her power, she kicked the vampire into his belly, pushing him away. She needed to hurry. She stared at Leah, who put a sister on a cold floor. Rowen breathing was shallow.

"Damn..." muttered Taiga quietly.

"Rowen, please do not die..." sobbed quietly Leah. "Do not... We just found a common language..."

She remembered how happy they were this morning. How they laughed while they ate a cake at their table. How Rowen smiled at her as she walked away. Her eyes blurred with tears. Who is she trying to protect? What she needed power of Servamp for? She looked toward her friends who fought against evil bloodsuckers. The answer was all the time before her, and she did not see it.

"I want to protect my loved ones..." she muttered in a silent trembling voice. "I want to help them fight, I want to support them all I have..."

The hand with the tattoo lit up. In her hand created a big, shiny broadsword. She took a deep breath, stood up and turned to the green vampire. She ran toward him and defended Taiga from his second attack.

"Do what you need, Taiga!" exclaimed Leah. "I'll keep him during that time."

At first Taiga was shocked when she saw that Leah held her weapon in her arms. Then she merely nodded and jumped for the vampire's neck.

"Sleep tight." she whispered mockingly at his ear.

Before he was able to react, Taiga swirled his head swiftly. The neck snapped, head limply fell forward, and the body fell on the floor.

"Another one..." muttered Taiga, and ran towards the blue.

Kuro defended from his one more attack. Taiga used it and jumped to his back. Her nails scratched his neck. The vampire screamed and dropped the blade on the floor. Kuro slammed his claws into him and looked furiously at Taiga.

"Come on!" he exclaimed.

"Mahiru, close your eyes..." Taiga laughed.

She turned the vampire's head into a circle. With every movement, she felt bones breaking under her hands. She landed on the floor when the vampire's body fell dead. Kuro took out the claws and licked the blood from it. He made a disgusted face.

"What? It's not good?" asked confused Taiga.

"It's bitter." muttered frowning Kuro.

"It should not be..." she whispered and squatted down to pools of blood.

"What is happening?" asked wearily Mahiru.

Taiga pulled two fingers through the blood puddle and licked off a bit from them. She frowned at the blood on her fingers.

"You're right..." she said quietly. "Blood is otherwise sweet, in vampires and people..."

"If it's bitter, then something's wrong?" Leah asked, breathing heavily.

Servamps nodded. She turned toward Rowen's weak body. Her breathing became shallow. At times it seemed that she did not even breathe. They all came to her together. Kuro squatted to her and looked at her. Then he looked up at Leah.

"She will not survive..." he muttered quietly.

"Rowen..." Leah sobbed softly.

Taiga watched Rowen's half-folded, green eyes. She took a deep breath and held out her hand. Nails on the other hand pulled by her wrist.

"There is a way..." she muttered and looked at Leah. "Only if you agree with that."

Her pink eyes widened. Subclass... Was Taiga really willing to do her sister Subclass? She looked at her sister's body. She could not lose her now. When they finally found a common language and began to get along.

Without a word, she nodded. Taiga nodded to indicate how she understood it. She sat on her and opened her mouth. She put her wrist over her mouth and watched the drops drop slowly. Rowen swallowed Taiga's blood with the last powers. Taiga got up and stretched out looking at her wound healing.

"Well... Her days as a human are numbered..." she said looking at her. "Welcome to the world of vampires."