~ Eighth Chapter ~

Laughter rang down the street. It was dusk. The sun will soon go down completely. Leah and Mahiru walked one to the other talking about school. This has become a habit for them. Every day after school, they would go for a walk in the city. This they did in order to see what happens and if there might be any danger.

"I feel like my head is going to explode..." whined Leah tossing her head back.

"It's not that hard." smiled Mahiru.

"It's easy for you to say... I can not remember anything!" murmured the girl sighing. "I can not concentrate."

"Hm... Remove what distracts your attention from the book." suggested Mahiru and looked at her.

"Well, I can just throw Taiga out of the window..." she said through her teeth, angrily squeezing belt bags in hands.

"Oh..." said Mahiru. "That's the problem."

"How did you get used to that someone is walking around the house and teases you for every little thing?" she wondered desperately.

"Um... Kuro is most often lying, sleeping or eating, or playing games..." he said with an uncertain smile. "Well, I'm not an expert on the proud Servamps."

"Ugh!" exclaimed Leah and angrily slammed her foot on the floor. "I will never get used to it!"

"You will, just take it easy." said Mahiru, looking at her with bright brown eyes. "It's only been three days. You're doing better than me."

"Why do you think that?" she looked at him confused.

Mahiru scratched the back of his head and looked away.

"Well... At first I rushed in various battles that I could get." he grinned. "I know, I was stupid, but now I've got used to it. I can not fight vampires alone, I need Kuro. "

That kind of calmed down Leah. With a corner of her eye she looked behind her. Taiga and Kuro walked beside each other in total silence. Taiga has surveyed the various shop windows while Kuro complained about not wanting to be here and to be hungry. Sometimes she wondered what their relationship was like Servamp and Eve. It was a mystery that he could not find out. And she could not just ask Taiga about it.

"Hey, hey, Angel-tan! Look who's here!" they heard someone's happy voice.

They stopped and focused on the people in front of them. Two silhouettes stood in front of them.

"Licht! Hyde!" smiled Mahiru.

Licht was a young man with black hair and blue eyes. In the midst of black hair he had only one white strand of hair. On his back he had a bag with angel wings. His face had a serious expression as he watched Leah and Taiga.

"I am Licht Jekylland Todoroki, or, as you have already heard, Angel." he said, raising his hand in a strange pose.

"Yes! It's true, people! It's Angel! Angel! An angel!" exclaimed Hyde dancing around him until Licht turned and kicked Hyde with leg.

"Shut up, hedgehog!" he turned to the girls. "Who are you?"

"I'm Leah Kimura, Eve of Servamp of Vanity." she said calmly, and stepped forward.

Taiga blinked several times. She had never seen Leah so secure in herself. And so proud that she is her Eve. What has changed? She grinned and stepped out to stand shoulder to shoulder with Leah.

"Servamp of Vanity, Taiga. At your service, Angel." she bowed a little bit with a silly grin.

"Oh, sister!" exclaimed Hyde and came closer with Licht. "You're here! I would not expect you here."

Lawless, or Hyde, Servamp of Greed had golden hair with dark tips. Underneath the glasses he had red shining eyes.

"Hey, Hyde." Taiga said with a smile. "How are you?"

"Great, perfect, you have not changed, you're still cute." he said, putting his arm over her shoulder.

He turned to Kuro, whose face was mixed with anger and laziness. Hyde quickly pulled his hand back.

"I think he'll kill me if I do not leave you alone..." he whispered in Taiga's ear.

She rolled her eyes at this. Kuro and Mahiru joined the girls. They came closer to the newcomers.

"Brother, I'm sorry if I made you jealous. But I just want to say that I consider Taiga as a sister." Hyde said with a grin.

"You're so annoying, I could die..." muttered Kuro. "Can you stop with this?"

"With what?" Mahiru asked curiously.

"Oh, you know..." began casually Hyde turning the necklace with his name around his finger. "When Taiga became Servamp, brother said he would not accept her as a sister."

"Shut up." muttered Kuro, looking away.

"That she can not look at her like a sister when she was his Eve. I'm telling you!" exclaimed Hyde. "Love is in the air! It's everywhere around us! Oh, how beautiful..."

He started to spin and quote some love quotes. Leah looked at him with a dull smile. Taiga's face seemed tired, as if he had been doing the same thing a hundred times. Kuro looked at him inexpressively as Mahiru and Licht sighed.

"Um... Is he always like this?" Leah asked quietly.

"He is not always..." Mahiru paused, searching for the right word.

"Tiring?" Kuro asked.

"Dramatic?" added Taiga.

"Idiot?" Licht tilted his head.

There was a brief silence as Hyde was still quoting something. This time they could hear Shakespeare's quote from Romeo and Juliet.

"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun." exclaimed Hyde

"This is not good..." muttered Taiga. "He began to quote Shakespeare."

"Oi, stupid hedgehog!" exclaimed Licht, jumping at him.

He kicked him in the back as Servamp of Greed flew forward. When he got up again, he rubbed the place where Eve struck him.

"Hedgehog, we have to tell them what's important." Licht said grimly.

"Oh, yes, yes." Hyde said, straightening up.

There was no shred of happiness or fun on his face. It was just a wide, bad smile. He repaired his glasses and scarf and watched the company in front of him.

"We met new vampires." he paused and looked at Kuro. "That's why you called a meeting."

"How many?" Taiga asked, folding her arms over her chest.

"Two." Licht said. "We have defeated them."

"Or at least we think so..." added Hyde serious voice. "Basically, I wanted to warn you to be careful. Nobody knows what these vampires are and how durable they are. If we can not kill them like this, you know what our only way is."

Kuro and Taiga nodded to them as Mahiru and Leah looked confused.

"Tear them to pieces." Licht said, answering their unasked question.

"Here is our main Taiga..." grinned Hyde. "If my memory serves me, you tore them somewhere around twenty..."

Leah looked at her. She had an expressionless face.

"Twenty-seven." she said, then sighed. "We will discuss this at the meeting, Hyde. This is not time nor place."

"Yes, yes, I understand." Servamp said, and smiled. "I'm glad I saw you before the meeting, so be careful."

With these words he turned into hedgehog. He leaned on Licht's shoulder, then Licht jumped into the air and disappeared on the roof of the building.