Prologue

Prologue - The Way We Were

2 years ago.

I sighed for the fifth time today. Our script had to be revised twice and now we're waiting for the new one. I laid down on my cot and started scrolling through my twitter. My boyfriend, DJ, smiled at me as soon as he went in the tent. He pressed a kiss on my forehead and sat on his reclining chair beside me.

"How was your scene?" I asked, not looking at him.

"Even my scenes are revised today." He mumbled, scrolling through his twitter as well. "Do you want to get food?"

"I just had a smoothie."

"Cuddle?" I looked at DJ who looks like he was expecting me to move and let him lay next to me. I stuck my tongue out.

"You wish."

"But I thought you love me." He whined, pouting but with a hint of playfulness in his voice.

"What are you talking about? I do love you." I grinned.

"How much?"

I smiled. DJ had a habit of asking things that were a bit obvious for assurance. I didn't mind really and I would usually answer by playfully extending both my arms and showing him how much and we'd end up laughing. But today a different answer was playing in my head and I was sure he wouldn't understand.

"How much do you love me?" He asked again. Expecting me to give the same answer I always do.

I kissed his cheek and smiled.

"From here." I said.

And he didn't get it.