chapter 4-"Coming out"

Sunday

~~~~~~~~~~

Crystal's P.O.V

Over the last few day Erica and i have had time to evaluate our relationship. She agreed to be my girlfriend but I told her i wanted to ask her out officially. Wow that sounds kind of weird "Girlfriend" but I can get used to it.

I asked Erica to meet me at the park today. I planned a cute way to ask her out.

-------------------

2:30

I get dressed and head out the door. After telling my mom I'm going to the park

I go straight to Dunkin Donuts and order half a dozen donuts. On my way to the park i pick a couple of flowers. Ew how cliche

By the time i get there Erica is already there and sitting on one of the swing sets. I walk up behind her and sit on the swing next to her and say 'hi'. This of course scares her and she jumps making me giggle. Shes such a jitter bug. I hand her the flowers and she blushes, making me blush too.

"I think you know why I asked you to come" I say looking in her eyes and holding both of her hands.

I let go of her hands and hand her the box of donuts. "Why are you giving me donuts??" Erica asks me with a confused look.

"Just open it " i say ignoring her last question.

When Erica opens the box she smiles ear to ear and puts her hand to her mouth. On the box it read 'will you be my girl friend?' Aye the girl likes food.

Erica quickly closes the box and puts it on the ground next to the flowers then reaches up and wraps her arms around my neck hugging me. When she pulls away she nods her head and says "this is so cute. yes,yes,yes" in between kisses.

At this moment im super happy and my heart is racing like 500 mph. I know we already confirmed it the other day but now its official, things are just amazing.

Now all I have to do is tell my parents,I plan on doing that tonight. I hope im not moving to fast, I just have no shame in being with Erica. For the rest of the day we spent it laying in the grass, looking at clouds, talking and eating the donuts until one of us had to go home.

When I get home, dinner is already done so i just set the table. All through dinner I am sort of spaced out thinking of a way to tell my parents. After dinner I take a shower then go to my parents room. I knock on the door first waiting for permission to enter. After I am granted i walk in silently and sit on their bed in a criss-cross-apple-sauce position.

"I need to talk to you guys about something" I say, kind of nervous.

"Okay, what is it?" my mom asks, curious but on the brink of worry.

"I'm Bisexual" I say, and my parents just freeze.

"No the fuck your not!!" My dad says, raising his voice.

"Yes i am and Erica and I are together" I argue, raising my voice too, I will not let him over power me.

"I will not have this in my house, I do not approve and I WILL not tolerate it!!" he argues back.

"Well this is my life and your just gonna have to deal with it. And if not than I don't care cause obviously i don't need you. Honestly I don't see why it matters if i date a guy or girl. Love is Love and its none of your business of my choice of sexual orientation. If im happy I would at least expect you to be happy for me or act like it!!" I yell then run out to my room crying and ignoring my mothers calls for me.

As I lay in bed with my face in my pillow I can hear my parents bicker.

"You shouldn't of done that" my mom says to my dad. "Your always so hard on her, its ridiculous. And shes right, it shouldn't matter and you should be happy for her." She adds but he still says nothing. That asshole.

To be honest i don't even have a dad, i have a father; a gene donor.

My bedroom door opens and Saul comes in. "What was that" Saul asks full of concern.

"Not now Saul" I say, through my pillow trying not to get violent with him.

He walks closer and puts his hand on my shoulder "Are you okay?" he asks again.

"Get the hell out of my room!!" I yell at him.

"Ok damn i was just checking on you" He says, then leaves.

When he shuts the door I can hear my mom slap him on the back of his head then tell him to watch his mouth. I sigh knowing shes coming in next. She peeks her head through the door and says "Dulce corazon puedo entrar?" (Sweetheart can i come in?)

"Si mami" (yes mom) I reply.

She comes in, sits on my bed and I turn to look at her. "Im sorry' She says.

"It's Fine" I lie.

"No its not, he shouldn't of done that" she says "How about you invite Erica and her parents over for dinner and we can get to know each other more." she adds.

"Alright" I say, with a smile then she leaves.

I then get up and go to Saul's room because I feel bad about yelling at him.

"What do you want?" He says as i enter the room and sit down next to him, while he plays his video game.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you, I was just really upset" I say.

"It's fine, i understand" he says then gives me a one arm hug. "So what happened anyways" he asks.

"Um, well I told mom and jackass" I say and he lets out a snicker.

"Told them what?" He asks.

"That I'm..I'm Bi" I say, looking at the floor.

Saul just coughs and looks at me with a shocked expression.

"Um,well,um that's amazing...I fully support you of course." Saul says in shock.

"Oh shut up" I say with a giggle as he struggles with his words.

"So who is this lucky girl and when do I get to meet her" Saul asks going back to his game.

"Well you already know her...Its Erica" I answer.

Saul drops his controller "Erica Erica??" hes asks, full of disbelief and i nod.

"Oh come on, how do you get a hot girl before me!" he says, sounding annoyed and I just shrug then leave.