Chapter 1

*Flashback*

It's Christmas break of 2015 and my mom and I had to pick something up from the store for Ash. We were on our way back to the house and my mom and I were visiting.
"I hope Ash really likes his gift.... I just wish we didn't have to wait until last minute to pick it up." She said while looking at the road.
"Totally agree with you on that one. But we were busy. Plus I don't have my license yet."
"Yeah I hope you end up getting that soon because I'm tired of driving you and your friends around." we both laughed at that.
"Agreed."
We ended up getting Ash a batman costume. It cost like $50 but it was totally worth it.
Mom and I are talking about the gifts we got other people laughing and dancing to Christmas music not paying attention to our surroundings when suddenly we heard tires screeching against the highway and someone t-boned us, hitting the drivers side. Mom puts her arm across my chest, trying to keep me from flying out. The car rolls a few times and all I could hear was my screaming, the car smashing against the ground. We ended up landing on the passenger side door, so my mom was basically hanging from the roof. When I looked up to see if my mom was okay and I saw the windshield glass was in her chest. She was looking at me.
"It'll be okay."
That was the last thing I heard before I go unconscious. When I wake up again, I'm on a gurney. I freak out a bit, wondering where my mom is. I see she's a few feet away on another gurney. She's covered in blood and I try getting her attention, just to see if she's still alive. She holds her hand out to me and I take it. She turns her head and says, "Take care of your little brother..." and then she took her last breath and died right there in front of me.

*End of flashback*