Chapter 9: Guys be guys

I am stupid.

Very very stupid.

I could have said sorry and move on with life. Instead, I was unwilling to back down from that stupid fight.

Look where I ended up.

Walking to school. Which was like 5 km away.

And worst of all, I was wearing a grey oversized tee that was tied up at the end, with no makeup and screwed up hair.

I deserve to die.

Just then, a horn sounded from behind.

I turned around and saw the familiar black Mercedes.

" Copper! Hey! I'm sorry for being so weird just now. Get in the car." Mikhael slowed down pacing his driving with my walking speed.

" Go away." As soon as those words slipped from my mouth, I regretted immediately.

Stupid stupid pride.

I mentally chided myself.

" C'mon,Copper. I'm sorry. You can.. call me whatever you want. Even Mikey. Get in the car please." he pleaded.

" Why?" I stopped and looked at him.

" Because if you don't, not only I would feel bad, my mom will kill me." he gave a small pout.

" That sounds nice." I shrugged.

" Look Skye, I'm sorry okay? There is a reason to why I was a jerk this morning. And hopefully, someday I might tell you." he looked at me.

" Apology accepted. And by the way, you are a jerk 24/7 so you were a huge jerk this morning." I refused to look at him as I entered his car.

" Okay Copper." he laughed as we drove to school.

" What are you wearing?" Caleb laughed as he saw me.

" Nice to see you too." I grumbled, pushing him away when he attempted to pull at my shirt.

I mean Mikhael's shirt.

" No seriously. You look ridiculous in this shirt. Is it even yours?" he chuckled.

" It's Mikhael's." I glared at him.

And the laughing stopped.

" What?" I nudged him when he stared blankly at me.

" Why are you wearing his shirt?" Caleb frowned.

" It's a long story. Don't even remind me." I ran my fingers through my hair.

" That's because she slept at my house." Mikhael answered, grinning widely.

" Yeah that does not explain why she has to wear your shirt." Caleb's gaze hardened.

" Go away Mikey." I glared at Mikhael, earning an eyeroll from him.

" Mikey? Why are you giving him a nickname?" Caleb demanded.

" What is wrong with you?" I stared at him in surprise.

" I accidentally tore her shirt." Mikhael smirked.

That bloody asshole.

" How can you accidentally tear someone's shirt?!" Caleb snapped.

" Well, you can when you are making out with her." Mikhael stepped forward, smirking.

" Mikhael stop it. Let's go." I tried to pull at his shirt.

He simply brushed me off and continued the stare off with Caleb.

Honestly, I was afraid for Caleb as he looked so small suddenly compared to Mikhael's intimidating tall statue.

" You stay away from Skye you hear me." Caleb said menancingly.

" Make me." Mikhael growled.

With that, he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me away.