Chapter 1: Take my hand and take a breathe

Well aren't first day of schools the best? Today officially marks the first day of my junior year in which i have predicted it to be another horrible year just like every other year before.

" Skye! What's up junior girl?" Caleb, my best friend since I was a kid called out to me.

"Hey!" I grinned, watching Caleb push his way through people walking into school to get to me.

"So i heard you went on a date with Michelle over the summer. How is it going?" He teased, bumping his shoulder against mine.

" Er fine." I forced a smile, shuddering internally.

" Just fine? Skye, you are like the most wanted girl in the school. There are so many girls to choose from what's the problem?" Caleb nudged me.

" Nothing." I shrugged.

" Yeah right. Are you dating someone in secret?" Caleb asked, laughing.

" Yeah you." I winked back.

" Seriously Skye. Don't make jokes like that. If someone hears it, we could get into serious shit." Caleb whacked me, hard.

I cried out in pain, shooting a glare at him, " What the hell?"

" Skye, you know how strict the rules are right? No befriending, talking or even looking at heteros." Caleb looked at me.

" Yeah dude. Chill." I rolled my eyes.

Before Caleb had the chance to answer back, our normal group of friends, Ria, André and Jack came to us.

" And we are finishing high school in exactly 2 years." Jack greeted us with a grin.

" Gosh Jack. It is the first day of school." Ria laughed, slapping his arm.

" Did you dye your hair Skye? It looks browner." André gently tugged on a strand of my reddish brown hair.

" Dude no. It's the same colour since I was born." I laughed.

" Well it looks... Daniel hey!" André stopped mid sentence and walked over to kiss his boyfriend on the lips.

" Aren't they cute?" Ria smiled.

" Yeah cuter than you." Jack snickered.

That resulted in a huge argument on how cute Ria was.

Sometimes they acted like they were actually dating.

Or maybe I am thinking too much.

" I'll go up to class first. Catch you later?" Caleb squeezed my arm before disappearing into the sea of people.

I sighed as i headed to my first class without Jack who was still arguing with Ria despite knowing we had the same class.

Just as I was about to walk into my calculus class, i literally ran into someone's chest.

I winced at the impact and mumbled an apology before entering the classroom.

" Erm hey! Girl with the red hair!" a unfamiliar husky voice called out.

Knowing he was talking about me, i turned around glaring, "My hair isn't red. It's copper."

The guy chuckled, raising his both hands in defeat and guess what i saw in one of his hands?

My freaking phone.

Feeling embarrassed all of a sudden, I looked down trying to cover my reddening face.

" Okay Copper, here is your phone." he grinned, handing me my phone.

" Thanks." I peered at him slightly, before quickly turning around to walk away.

" I'm Mikael Anders." he called out, stretching out his hand for a handshake.

Letting out a groan, I turned around smiling sheepishly, " Skyla Jerez. You're new right?" I shook his hand.

" Yeah. Just moved from Brisbane." his hand was still wrapped around mine.

If I were to say it did not feel good, I would be lying. Big time.