One

"I'm considering taking up some form of meditation, being a Shadowhunter is fucking stressful," Emma mused one morning over breakfast, snapping Kit back into the present.
He had only been here for a couple of months, had only joined the Blackthorn family for breakfast for a couple of weeks, but he was feeling like he had been here his whole life.
He scoffed.
"Emma, you do know meditation is a peaceful thing, right?"
"Of course yeah, I feel like I should change it up and calm down, you know?"
Ty, who had been observing the exchange from beside Kit, scoffed this time. Kit was aware that Ty often did various sorts of meditation to keep calm, because his sensory difficulties stressed him out. Although, keeping Ty's differences from the fuck load of Centurions currently residing in the Institute was proving difficult.
"I mean, I'd teach you" he offered, "But you're the sort to start screaming at the slightest bit of relaxation..."
Kit rolled his eyes.
"We're talking about Emma, not me."
Ty blinked, and slightly furrowed his eyebrows, before turning his head to look at Kit- his eyes resting somewhere along Kit's cheek.
"If I wanted to make you scream, Cristopher, there's other ways I'd do it."

The world stopped. Everything went silent. Kit had forgotten there was so many people in the dining room.
On the other end of the table, Centurion Ana Morgenstern choked- spitting apple juice all over Zara Dearborn who swore, and began to tell Ana she shouldn't be a shadowhunter if she was this clumsy. Kit swore he heard something along the lines of "Serves you right, asshole," being muttered from the general direction of Centurion Maya Monteverde. He would have laughed if he didn't currently want to crawl into a hole and die.
Time still seemed frozen to Kit, it felt like minutes had passed already but it had only been a couple of seconds.
Emma was stifling laughter, as was Livvy. Mark looked confused for a moment before his eyes went wide, and he too tried not to laugh. Cristina looked mortified. Dru was pretending she didn't see the potentially sexual meaning to this, whilst whispering to Tavvy, hiding a grin.
Julian had set his knife and fork down, and was twitching- staring at Ty and Kit.
Livvy's face was pink from trying not to laugh. She muttered something to Ty, who squeaked and went bright red.
Kit cleared his throat.
"He doesn't- I mean we don't- I-"
Ty seemed to have composed himself, and cut him off.
"Quite frankly, I think you're all just dirty-minded."
Emma arched an eyebrow, "Then pray tell, Tiberius, what ever could you possibly have meant?"
"Training," he deadpanned, "Have you heard the noises Kit makes?"
Kit faked shock, pretending he hadn't screamed like a banshee when Ty had held a knife to his chest before kicking him into the ground when they were sparring the previous morning.
Cristina and Livvy made noises of agreement.
Julian unfroze, finally.
"I think we all have Ty, but I'm beginning to think there's more there than training."

Zara had recovered from her mishap with the apple juice, and decided to loudly announce this by stating:
"By the angel, another gay Blackthorn?"
Everyone sitting around the table began to start. Kit felt anger rising up in him and was about to open his mouth when Ty questioned, loud and clear, "So what if I am?"
A glance at Julian showed finely masked surprise, but he blinked it away and stared directly into Zara's eyes before saying "If you have a problem with aspects of my family that are beyond their control, then get the fuck out of our home."
Zara made a sound similar to a growl, before turning to Kit.
"If you don't want to go near him I'll put a word in for you at the Academy and get you right out of here." She looked hopeful, seemingly convinced that he would agree.
Kit didn't even attempt to mask the disgust on his face. He stared hard at her, battling with his own thoughts- do I tell them? He took a shaky breath. To hell with it.
"Actually, I'm bisexual Zara- y'know, as in boys AND girls? Honestly, you can shove your offer up your ass."

Kit had always been ashamed of his sexuality, with his father highly disapproving- after catching a 13 year old Kit kissing a werewolf boy in the Los Angeles Shadow Market, which lead to a large argument and Jonny Rook telling his son never to speak of it again.
However, the look on Zara's face made him both highly relieved and amused. The small, warm smiles directed at both him and Ty from the residents of the Institute- with several Centurions, who clearly weren't that fond of Zara, giving nods of respect.
Zara made a noise that didn't sound dissimilar from a growl before storming out, followed by some of her loyal minions- with many others choosing to follow and retreat to various other rooms, giving some privacy.
The last to rise were Ana and Maya. Ana grinned at the two boys before stating, "I'm glad the Nephilim LGBT community is growing, welcome," before grabbing Maya and walking out of the room.

Kit swallowed audibly, and stood up, turning to leave the room. Everyone looked at him as if he had just grown an extra head.
"And where are you going?" Emma asked.
"I'm- uh- giving you guys time to talk and congratulate Ty I guess?"
Ty smiled in disbelief.
"We BOTH came out, Christopher, sit down."
"I don't want to intrude." Kit replied, starting to walk away.
Livvy's arm sprung out and grabbed his shoulder, shaking her head.
Kit blanched.
"No. Really. I don't want to talk about this. I- I can't. Not now. Just don't mention it. Please. My fath-"
Kit stopped himself, eyes widening.
He didn't finish that sentence, but everyone could guess what was going to follow.
My father didn't accept it. My father told me I couldn't be. My father caught me kissing a boy and screamed at me until I told him I wouldn't do it again.
Everyone looked at him sympathetically. Apart from Ty, who had something completely different on his face. Was that... rage?
Kit shivered and forced a smile before turning on his heel and walking quickly out of the room.
Behind him he heard the continuation of that conversation.

"Ty, do you want to talk about this at all?"
"There isn't anything to talk about, really. I'm still me."
"Okay... I'm proud of you, you know that yeah? No matter what. Go follow Kit. You're the only one he'll even consider speaking to."