Chapter Ten

"You could stay at my place for the night if you wanted?" he asked me. His smile is genuine and sympathetic but his eyes are telling me a whole different story.

"Really?" I said in shock. Do I want to stay the night at his house? Do I trust him enough for that?

"Yeah, I mean only if you want to, I just think it would be better for you if you did," He finished nervously. I can tell he really didn't think it through.

"I don't know Blake," I said, "Will your parents be okay with it?" I asked him curiously.

"Well, mum is on holiday with my auntie so she'd never know," he smirked.

Okay so no adults. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Jane you're not thinking straight. Are you seriously considering this?

I think to myself.

Am I considering it? No, it's ridiculous!

"It's okay, I'll be alright here but thanks." I said as I got out of the car.

"Thank you so much for a wonderful night, it was amazing." I told him truly.

"It's okay, I had a splendid time with you," he says genuinely as he hugs me quickly.

I waved at him before I opened the door with much hesitation. I had literally just opened the gates of hell.

I heard various curse words being thrown around the room before I was called to attention by my name.

"JANE, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT YOU STUPID GIRL!" my mum bellowed at me.

"W-what did I do?" I asked in an almost silent voice.

"YOU HAVE SINGLE HANDEDLY RUINED YOUR FATHERS AND MY RELATIONSHIP! WE WERE ABSOLUTELY FINE AND IN LOVE LIKE ANY OTHER COUPLE UP UNTIL YOU WERE BORN!" She spat at me. (Not literally)

What? How could she say that?

I could feel the tears streaming down my face.

"What do you mean?" I blubbered.

"I WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN IS WHAT I MEAN!" She screamed at me.

I just stood there dumbfound when I felt a strong stinging sensation on my left cheek.

She just slapped me.

Then I felt a vigorous pain in my stomach pushing me to the ground.

She was now on top of me pulling my hair and slapping my face back and forth.

I just lay there and let her do it. I can't even move, I am paralysed with fear and confusion.

Then I felt her weight being lifted off of me and when I look up my eyes meet those Blue eyes.

I still couldn't move.

I could vaguely hear my mother yelling at him.

My father then yelled in response, defending both Blake and me.

I felt my body being lifted from the ground by a familiar pair of strong arms.

I tried my best to block out all the other noises and focused on my breathing but it was too late.

I just welcomed the darkness on yet another panic attack.

~

I wake up in an unfamiliar room, lying on an unfamiliar bed.

There were various posters of soccer players and bands. I was lying on a very comfortable double bed with navy blue sheets.

Once I had evaluated the room, all of the memories come flooding back of the night I had just experienced.

"Hey your awake," Blake smiled next to me.

"How long was I out for?" I asked while stretching.

"About half an hour." He replied genuinely.

"Oh, um okay," I nodded.

"Thanks for coming in and basically saving my life." I sat up so I was facing him.

"That's okay," he said quietly.

Silence.

"Was that the first time she hit you?" He asked seriously.

"No," I looked down in shame, "When I was younger she used to hit me when I misbehaved, then when I grew up her and dad really stopped giving a shit." I told him.

"But it was never this bad." I started to cry.

"Hey hey it's alright, I'm here, your safe now, I won't let anyone hurt you." He said soothingly as he wrapped his arms around my tiny figure.

I really love his hugs; they're always so comforting and warm.

"Blake,"

"Yeah,"

"Thank you," I smiled sincerely through the tears.

"For what?" he asked me, gently stroking my cheek.

"For being here for me," I said as I rested my head on his chest.

"You can always count on me for that," he said with a smile.

From there we both fell asleep, engulfed in each other, his strong arms were securely wrapped around my waist and our legs were tangled together.

For the first time in a really really long time, I felt safe.

What kept crossing my mind though, was what Blake said to me before,

"You can always count on me,"

Can I?