6

I woke up early for a change and went to see if Jay was home yet. He wasn't.
I could not believe they were out as late as they were considering we have weekend practice today. Granted, it's not as early as practice usually is but still.
I called Jay and his phone went right to voice mail. I tried calling Chase. His went straight to voice mail also. I tried Jewook and Solomon but their phones went to voice mail immediately as well. I groaned in frustration.
I swallowed my pride and called Danny. His phone actually rang but eventually went to voicemail. I sighed, deciding to walk on to practice. Maybe I'd get there a little early and impress Coach. As I made my way out the door, Danny called me back. "You're late." Jay answered before I could say hello. "Why are you calling Danny when you should be at the field?" "I'm not late. Saturday practice isn't until noon. It's 11." I argued. "It's 11:45 and we all agreed to be here at 9. You'd know that if you went to karaoke last night." Jay sounded salty. "You can't be mad because I didn't wanna go to karaoke." "Try getting in touch with Jewook to let him know he's late too. I can't get a hold of him." Jay ignored me. "Can I have my phone back?" I heard Danny yell in the background. "I tried calling him already. He isn't answering." "Oh you already tried calling him? Trying to get him to meet you before practice?" Jay sounded salty again. "To figure out where you were. I got scared when you weren't here this morning." I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Well next time follow through with group acrivities. You're as much a member of this team as I am." Jay sounded a little more forgiving and hung up abruptly.

I marched onward to the baseball field, constantly trying to get a hold of Jewook. I even left voicemails. "Jewook just answer! You've got everyone worrier... you've got me worried! Call me back as soon as possible or...or...or I'll never talk to you again!" I ended that voicemail and called him right back. "Okay that was a little harsh I'm sorry but really. Call me back or show up to practice. I'm worried sick about you." I gave up on trying to reach him once I got to the field. Everyone was running laps and I snuck into the duggout, taking my usual spot. Jay eventually noticed me and stopped at the dugout. "Have you heard from Jewook yet?" "No. I called him over and over again my whole way here and it just kept sending me to voicemail." "We'll stop by his place after practice. I'm sorry for worrying you this morning and I'm sorry for making you walk." Jay said sympathetically before jogging off.
Danny stopped jogging and leaned against the dugout. "Hey Heeji. Looking fine as usual." He winked at me. "Good morning Danny." I sighed, ignoring his comment. Solomon jogged past Danny, smacking him in the back of the head, not stopping to to see Danny's reaction.
My phone started ringing and I picked up immediately. "Jewook?" "Yes Heeji. It's me. Why are you so worried?" "Why am I worried?" I was baffled. "Jewook, no one has been able to get a hold of you and you're late for practice." "I talked to Jay already and told him not feeling well." Jewook sounded confused. "Jay hasn't heard from you at all." "No. I called him to let him know I wouldn't be able to make it this morning." I waved Jay over and gave him my phone. "Jewook what the fuck? I've been worried sick man." "Did I not call you this morning?" "No." Jay was exasperated. "I guess I dreamed our conversation. I'm sorry." "You okay?" "My throat hurts and I threw up this morning. Is anyone else sick?" "No dude. Everyone is fine." "Hmm. I figured it was the pizza place making me sick but I guess not. Well I'm going to the doctor this afternoon. I'm sorry for making everyone worry." "Alright get better soon bud." Jay hung up, handed me my phone and continued running laps.

Practice ended and everyone was drenched in sweat and covered in a fine layer of dirt. Jay gave them a little pep talk before excusing them to the showers. "Hey Heeji. After I shower, do you wanna go get some Dennys with me and Haon?" Ted waited for everyone to leave before asking me this. "Sure. I'm starving." I wasn't gonna turn down Dennys. It's Dennys. "Alright cool. See you in 20?" "You smell awful. You better take longer than 20 minutes." I laughed at Ted. "I don't smell that bad." Ted smelled himself and winced. "See you when I see you." Ted cringed at himself.