Chapter 4: The King

Start from the beginning

"That's not fair! That's so selfish!" Furious, Andres shouted with tears slipping down his pale cheeks, "Avenge for the past doesn't mean to obliterate the current."

"Well, ask your nations, ask yourself. War is like this too, right?"

Staring at each other in silence, the Spaniards must admit that the King was right. It became a dead atmosphere until the King came up with a plan.

"Ok...there's still room for negotiations. You miss your 'home', right?" The King smirked with fake concern.

"Please stop that smirking," Gerard furrowed his brows, "You're like planning something sinister."

"So you mean you don't want negotiations?" The King offered Gerard a pair of crimson, wide eyes, "Okay then... Guards, bring them to execution!"

"Wait!" Cesc screamed, "Geri, what have you done! Your highness, we are grateful for your mercy and are willing to have negotiations.

"Well, if there is a will, there is a way..."

"We'll do anything to save our planet!" said Gerard sternly.

"The Axuko Crystal is named after my planet by my father because it was the main culprit and was the last thing that he saw in the destruction of my homeland. Find the Axuko Crystal for me, for it has to pay my desire. And I'll tell you how to find it. There is still hope for your planet when I have mine. Get it?"

"Where's the crystal?"

"I don't know. But don't worry, I know a lot of people who can help you," The King grinned with fake friendliness. "After you have handed in the crystal to me, I will let you use the time machine. The time machine can only be activated when there is a source of a strong power like the Axuko Crystal."

"You got a time machine?" Cesc asked, fascinated.

"But why is it helping to us?" Andres questioned, "I mean after we got back to a few days ago, you will still destroy Earth in that time dimension."

"At that time, you have to make sacrifices. Some of you remain here on this destructed planet to wait for the time changes while some have to split and head to a long time ago to stop the Axuko Crystal from destroying my planet but can never go back. Don't ask me how, discover your way. And when the past has been changed, my planet will be safe, and so as yours. Our own cities we are building now on this planet will be turned back into yours, and we, the Axuklians, will return to our own planet."

"Woah there," Gerard interrupted, "Why don't you order your troops or even yourself for that sacrifice?"

"Us Axuklians sacrifice for your planet after we succeed to conquer it? Stop dreaming! So you're saying that you're giving up your last hope? No negotiations then," Irritated, the King rolled his eyes again, "Guards, bring them to execution!"

"Gerard Pique!" Cesc warned, "Your majesty, I am deeply sorry for the rudeness of my friend and we would love to sacrifice for our homes."

"I will remember what you have said, Cescky," Gerard muttered to himself, "You will regret it when you are stuck in the middle of the universe trying to stop the Axuko Crystal from destroying everything."

"Good to hear, that kiddo over there. Then all of you have 21 days to finish this task, or else you'll be punished to death, beginning from tomorrow on, according to your time zone. Understand?"

"Actually I rather die now to see my family in heaven," Andres murmured, but still he followed the two Spaniards with a nod.

"Here," The King told the Spaniards as he handed something to the guards, "From tomorrow, wear this badge for recognition so that you won't be attacked by Axuklians, well, of course except for me. Moreover, at that time, we will supply human food for those who wear the badge when we can. Give them to your friends as well, and tell them all about what I had ordered. You should thank me for my mercy."

"At last, call me King Skull."

The guards came back and released their ropes. The Spaniards were led out of the throne room to the corridor and the heavy door was slammed close again.

"Wow, that's fast," Cesc sighed in relief, "I thought we would die inside that room. But don't you think it's weird?"

"Everything is weird here," Gerard shrugged, "I'm wondering if he made it all up."

"I think that crystal thing is weird. The crystal thing must be something evil and powerful and he is using us to find it for him," answered Andres.

"Maybe, but this is our only hope," said Gerard, "Refusing is not an option to us."

---

"Father King, are you really going to give them a chance?"

"You'll see, Izhitha. I got the whole plan already. It was I who spared their lives at the very first place anyway, when they were still on that plane to Madrid..."