Chapter 7: Inevitability

Start from the beginning

Tokaku chuckles at your attitude and asks what you would've done had she not been there. You choose to huff and try to think of a answer without sounding ridiculous. As Tokaku followed you, she continued to feel a presence in the room that wasn't your own.

For some time, you were leading the investigation for the forbidden book. Eventually you came across a book with your hand made charm on it. "Hmm?" You mumbled to yourself curiously. Without any second thought, you reached for it and started to pick it up from its confides.

As you were doing so, you head Tokaku's voice yell at you as she ran towards you.

"(Y/N)! WAIT!"

What you didn't notice as you pulled the charm from the top of the book, was a bomb trap. That when the charm was pulled it would detonate. In doing so the bomb bursted.
A fire erupted and almost immediately was put out by the water sprinklers installed up above.

You regain your composure to realise that Tokaku took the full blast and her back was covered in some injuries.

"TOKAKU! HEY! CAN YOU HEAR ME? ARE YOU OK?" you asked loudly as she was getting up. Unbeknownst to you was that when your near an expulsion and it ruptures. It causes a loud sound wave around the surrounding area, so at the moment Tokaku has lost her hearing for the moment.

As she began to regain her senses, she spots the culprit up ahead with a gun. She shoots at you and Tokaku. Tokaku dives towards the and shields you while taking cover on the ground.

After several shots were fired the culprit ran out of ammo and ran off to reload. In its pursuit, Tokaku follows but not before she tells you to hide until she gets back. You nod and watch her run off. When this is over you'll do your best to heal her wounds and thank her for protecting you.

Tokaku noticed that the culprit has stopped and hidden themselves between some shelves. The person in question was sloppy and dropped the clip of ammo. As they reached for it, Tokaku took the liberty of kicking it away and uncovering who is the assassin.

"Koko Kaminaga..."

"Tsk, I'm sorry Tokaku but unlike you with the blood of the Azuma clan. I cannot stop being an assassin. That is why I'm doing this."

She shouts as she pulls out a blade and tries her best to fight Tokaku in hand to hand combat.

"So... you're going to kill to stop killing? Quite the paradox." She responded as she successfully knocked the blade out of Koko's hand and Koko breaks down, accepting her defeat.
You saw this and felt pity towards the female.

You returned with Tokaku to the dorms where you treated her wounds.
You took something with you though front the library without Tokaku knowing.

After finishing the treatment, you asked if Tokaku needed anything. She shook her head no. You looked at and sat by her on the couch. "Tokaku thank you for protecting me. I wish we could avoid these types of situations. If their is any way I can return the favor. Don't hesitate to ask." You said happily as you got up with the cups of tea and coffee you made for you and Tokaku.

As you got up though, Tokaku caught your arm and made you kneel in front of her as she blushes and turns her head to the side for a sec.

"......." she whispered inaudible words.

You turned your head to the side and looked confused. "Huh? I couldn't hear you." You explained.

She said it once more and said.
"I would like a kiss..." she said more bravely as she turned towards you with a serious expression. This made you blush, and closed your eyes as you clasped your hands on her cheeks and brought them towards your own.

The kiss lasted for a short moment. But for both of you it was a beautiful time frame. You tasted the coffee off of her lips as she tasted the sweet tea from your own. After you pulled back, you felt embarrassed and said you were going go wash the dishes and waltzed off.

Since you weren't looking at Tokaku, she took her fingers and gently touched her lips. She smiled mischievously as she felt like teasing you now.

'...delightful'

Koko Kaminaga end

Hello! I just like to add my own quips to make sure you follow the story. Anyway thank you reader for reading my work. If you liked to make a request feel free to do so!
Bye bye~♡