Chapter 12

Farren stood inside Sinbad's office with the rest of the Nine Generals, Alibaba, Morgiana, Aladdin, Hakuryuu, and Kougyoku. She watched with half-lidded eyes as Yamraiha covered Sinbad's corrupted arm with gauze, and didn't miss Ja'far's skeptical stare as she awaited to explain what had just happened with Russo, and to learn what happened to him and Alibaba. Though, taking by what Russo said before he fled, Farren already had a pretty good idea what happened.

"Don't worry," Sinbad said after noticing the distraught looks on the Generals' faces. "Curses don't exist. This is a kind of magic. Isn't that right?"

"Yes," Yamraiha confirmed. "This black bruise... it's being controlled by magoi."

"If it's magic, then there's sure to be a way to reverse it, right?" Aladdin asked, sounding hopeful.

"I've never seen magic like this," Yamraiha said, shifting toward Sinbad's bruise once more. "Just what kind of commands is it being manipulated by? Complicated magic spells can only be reversed by the caster himself."

Ithnan... Farren thought, being unable to help the irritated twitch of her brow as she crossed her arms over her chest. He's the only one capable of such a spell.

"Whomever it was that casted the spell on you is sure to be the culprit in allowing the assassin into the palace completely unnoticed," Farren spoke up, setting one hand on her hip and holding the other in the air as she spoke. "I can conclude that they both are from the country I was previously aligned to."

"Did you know your assailant personally?" Ja'far questioned, white brow rising.

"To some degree," Farren confirmed, crossing her arms again. "His goal was to kill me and see through the task that I couldn't."

"So he was going to kill Sinbad if you didn't intervene?" Ja'far continued, sounding unsure.

"That's right," she nodded. "I will admit that I let him go. I will not be surprised if greater forces will be sent to Sindria."

"From where, exactly?" Ja'far was now scowling.

"The Kou Empire," Farren revealed. All eyes shifted toward her. "Or more specifically, the Organization that inhabits Kou. They were the ones who sent me first, and then Russo in my place."

"Do you know who casted the spell on Lord Sinbad?" Yamraiha stepped forward, a hopeful hand on her chest.

"Yes, and I'm sure Sinbad knows as well," Farren said. "Ithnan."

"Then would you know the commands that could break Ithnan's curse?" She asked again, yet Farren shook her head.

"I am unfamiliar with magic. There's no way I could know it."

"There's just one possible solution..." Sinbad spoke up, his hands laced and elbows propped on his desktop.

"What kind of solution?" Alibaba asked. His tone was eager.

"Further to the south of Sindria, on an island inhabited by the Tran," the king continued. "There's a dungeon. Dungeon number sixty-one, Zagan, which, if captured, will give you the power to heal any wound or illness. The Djinn who lives in that dungeon might save us. Would you like to bet on that chance, Alibaba?"

"Yes." He said without a moment of hesitation.

"I'll go with you... or so I'd like to say, but that's not possible, you see..." Sinbad trailed off as he stood up. "Will you be able to manage on your own?"

"What do you mean by that?" Morgiana asked.

"If I, or any of my Household Members, try to go through the sacred gate of a dungeon, we'll just slip through, and nothing will happen," Sinbad replied, lifting his fist to show his Metal Vessel — of which was a ring secured to his middle finger. "This came about at the time that I made my contract with my seventh Djinn. The seventh Djinn said, 'I believe you already have enough.'"