Regret

I didn't want to kill her, but it was my last resort. 

I stare at the lifeless, still body laying on the ground, bloodied at my feet. I slightly smiled to myself thinking about the fact of spending forever with her. I promised her forever and forever she will get. I slowly raise my gun to my temple, take a deep breathe, and pull the trigger.

Flashback {Jennie's Perspective}

I wait for the classroom to clear out as I hesitantly think over my options. Dae had told me to meet him privately on the roof, but what does that mean? Does that mean he's going to pull something crazy? Does privately mean us and a few of his friends? What is his goal? Should I even show up? I think over my options, but conclude them with the thought that I'll go. I can't just tell him I'll come and not show up, right? That would be rude of me. Plus, I don't want him to think of me in that way.

I stand from my seat and sling my backpack over my shoulders fixing the straps as I make my way through the halls. I stop at the top of the staircase, twist the knob, and feel the brush of a cold breeze hit my skin. I glance around until I see a familiar figure nearing the railing.

"Dae!" I walk towards him. 

He turns around and a smile forms on his perfect face.

"Jennie, I didn't think you were gonna come." I smile at him. He looks down and paces a little.

"So, uh, I had something I wanted to talk to you about." I begin to feel nervous.

I watch as he runs his hand across his face. He sighs before pulling a box out of his jacket and handing it to me. I open it to see two couple's rings. I look up at him with surprise threading through my expression.

"I have liked you for a long time and I can't keep it in anymore. I like you, Jennie. I really really like you," A blush crept onto my cheeks. "And I wanted to know if you would do me the honor of being my girlfriend."

This moment was perfect. Everything about it. I quickly nodded my head. He broke into a smile and took the smaller ring out of the box and slipped it onto my finger. I did the same for him.

As the years went by, things...changed. It was perfect at first, but I should have tested my waters. Anything too perfect is too good to be true.

Dae became more strict, possessive really. Anytime I would talk to other boys, even just friends, he would get angry with them, threaten them. I thought that was where the line would end, but it only got worse. He started hurting me for it. Blaming me for it.

"Jennie, open this damn door, or else I will do fucking worse than you know!" I heard a loud bang from the other end of the door. I jumped a little as the tears began streaming faster and faster.

This fight in particular, was caused because I was talking to my cousin who was visiting. He saw me hugging him and got angry. Of course I told him the truth, he was my cousin. But of course, he didn't believe that.

"JENNIE! YOU LITTLE SHIT, GET OUT HERE OR ELSE!" I let out a soft sob as I opened the door slowly. I was scared it would be just as bad as last time if I didn't come out. Maybe worse.

He pushed the door open forcefully causing the door to drag against my toe. I yelped in pain, but before I could check on it, I was pushed against the wall. I winced in pain as his grip on my wrists tightened.

"Fucking bitch." He muttered.

He let go and slapped me causing me to fall to the ground. I sobbed some more wondering how he could change so easily. How could he change so fast?

3 Months Later...

"We're done." I sighed.

"What? Babe...why? I thought you loved me." He says. We stay silent for a while.

"I did...it's just that you didn't." And with that I turned around and went to walk away. I felt his hand grab my wrist making me turn around to face him. At first, there was a sad glint in his eye, but it quickly dissipated to a furious glare. He yanked me forward with his grip causing me to fall to the ground on my hands and knees.

Don't be weak.

I looked up at him.

"I regret ever even saying a word to you." I muttered before getting up and brushing myself off. I left quickly so that he wouldn't do anything more to me.

I regret everything.

~

Hello, my loves! So, obviously this is a new book. I hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter, hehe, tbh I'm not too sure on how I feel about it, but hopefully that's just me lol. Anyway, please stick around if you enjoyed this chapter & please remember to vote ♡