Chapter 10

It's been a month since the battle. As future kings and queens of Narnia, the Pevensies and I wanted to make sure that those who died in battle did not die in vain. We spent most of our time at Cair Paravel, creating a garden from the ashes of those who sacrificed their lives for Narnia. Their families were allowed to visit at any time they wanted - the garden being completely open to the public at all times. Personally, I had no clue that there was going to be a coronation or that there even had to be. It never dawned on me that it was part of the customs of being Queen. But the day of coronation arrived and soon the entire banquet hall was filled with Narnians.

    All us girls got ready together, picking out dresses from the magically full wardrobes in the castle. Susan had picked out this gorgeous light blue dress with a dark blue cape to go with it. Lucy had picked out this baby blue, almost silver dress with a red cape. As for me, I picked out golden dress, with silver linings and a navy blue cape. Wearing the dress, I felt like a true Queen. I look at myself in the mirror smiling when I was interrupted by a knock. I stand up and open the door, seeing Peter. We matched perfectly. His mouth drops a little as he looks at me. A blush rises to my cheeks. He fumbles over his words for a second before I kiss his cheek, bringing him back to reality. "It's time." He tells me. I nod, biting my lip softly. I was nervous. Tonight made our royalty official and I was a little afraid that I would fail the Narnians.

As we step out into the hallway outside of the door, I feel Peter grab my hand, caressing it softly to calm me down. I hear the horns being blown as the doors in front of us open wide. Aslan stands in the middle of us, walking us down the banquet hall, our fellow Narnians watching from each side of us. In order of Edmund, Peter, me, Susan and Lucy, we each stood in front of our thrones as Aslan announced us to the Narnians. "To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy the Valiant." Mr. Tumnus approaches in a nice green scarf and the Beavers bear the crowns. Mr. Tumnus crowns Lucy. "To the great Western Wood, King Edmund the Just." Mr. Tumnus crowns Ed.  "To the radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle." Tumnus crowns Susan. "To the Wild Lands of the North, I give you Queen Anastasia, the Gallant." Mr Tumnus walks up to me and crowns me, as I smile widely at him. My crown was very similar to the girls, rather mine was silver and the flowers were white. "And to the clear Northern Sky, I give you King Peter, the Magnificent." Tumnus crowns Peter. We sit down and Aslan turns back to the crowd. Peter and I look at each other and share a smile before looking back at all the Narnians and Aslan. "Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens."

"Long live King Peter! Long live King Edmund! Long live Queen Susan! Long live Queen Lucy! Long live Queen Anastasia." The crowd shouts, cheering for us all.

    When the coronation ended, there was a ball. All the Narnians were free to stay as we talked and danced all evening. I was standing there talking with Susan when a pair of ars wrapped around me and I saw Susan smile and wink at me before leaving to talk to Edmund. I turn around and kissed Peter's cheek. "Hello High King Peter. What can I do for you?" He chuckled, smiling at me.

"Queen Anastasia, may I have this dance?" He offered his hand out to me and I willingly took it in mine as he led me to the center of the banquet hall. I slipped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around my waist. Neither of us knew how to dance very well, so it was more of a sway to the soft music that filled the banquet hall. But either way, it was perfect and it was the start of something beautiful.