Chapter 14

"Why are you up?" Ashton asked him. "Why are you putting my girlfriend to bed and kissing her goodnight and 5am?" Luke retaliated. "It’s not what it looks like" he reasured him. "Oh really, do you wanna explain what you are doing then?" he asked folding his arms across his chest. "She was locked out and when I went to the door she was asleep, I didn’t want to wake her so I just carried her to her bed" he replied. "Right but why did you kiss her and call her sweetheart?" Luke asked, clearly unimpressed by Ashton’s responses. "I don’t know, I’m half asleep. I wasn’t kissing her like that Luke. It was like she’s like a sister to me and anyway it was on the forehead. I don’t see what the problem is" he sighed. "Just think of it from my point of view, if I did those things and you were y/n’s boyfriend" he said before leaving. The words echoed in Ashton’s brain "If you were y/n’s boyfriend". He sighed, rubbed his eyes, went back to his room and flopped on the bed. "If I were y/n’s boyfriend" he murmured to himself. "If I were y/n’s boyfriend, I don’t think I’d know the meaning of sadness" he whispered into the dark.

"Look can we just forget this happened and not tell y/n about any of it?" Ashton asked Luke. "Yeah. I think it’s probably best for all of us if we do" he replied. "Ok so when she wakes up we’ll tell her i woke up at 4, saw her texts, went out, picked her up, put her in bed, went back to sleep. Yeah?" Ashton told him. "Yep and then after now we just won’t talk about it again" Luke replied. "Yeah ok" Ashton confirmed. Not long after this conversation you walked into the kitchen. "Hey" they smiled at you. "I don’t remember any of last night, apart from going to Lucy’s. I think I must’ve come in drunk in the morning because I’m a little hungover" you told them. They looked at each other for a second. "Uh yeah pretty much" Luke replied. You got yourself a glass of water and made some toast. "So are you and Michael going to the hospital today?" Ashton asked. "Shit yeah, I need to have a shower in a second… I need to get Michael up first" you mumbled walking towards your brothers room.

Biting your nails not properly listening to Michael, you both sat in the waitinf room of the doctors. “Y/n Clifford?” a nurse smiled, checking her clipboard. You looked over at Michael, he nodded at you standing too. “It seems there’s no baby” the technician informed you after your scan. You looked over at Michael who was furrowing his brow. “What do you mean, has she lost the baby?” he asked. “Um no, it looks like you were never actually pregnant” she replied. “Did you take more than one test? Becuase sometimes, very rarely, they can get it wrong” she told you. “No I only did one” you told her. “Well it looks like it was incorrect and there is no baby. I’m very sorry” she replied. “Can we have a minute to ourselves please?” Michael whispered, she nodded and left the room. “Oh god, I feel so stupid” you groaned holding your head in your hands. “It’s okay, everyone makes mistakes… At least there’s no baby, no reason to have an abortion and no reason to drink, do drugs or smoke” he said putting his arm around you. “Yeah I guess but I still feel so stupid. Im such a twat” you groaned. “No you’re not, come on lets just finish this and go home”.

"So how did it go?" Luke asked once you were home, you shrugged and walked past him and to your room. You lay down on your bed and cried into the pillow. Luke followed you to your room, as soon as the door slammed shut he knew you were crying, he could hear shaky breaths and sniffling. He quietly pushed the door open and lay down behind you. You heard him shut the door before you felt his presence beside you. His hands went around your waist and onto your stomach, he pulled your back into him and kissed your shoulders as you cried. "Whatever it is, it’s going to be okay" he hushed in your ear. "You don’t have to tell me what’s wrong, I just want you to know that I’ll be here for anything you need or want" he whispered. You let the tears pour down your face, you felt so stupid. "There’s no baby" you choked out. "Did you miscarry?" he asked. "No… There was never a baby. The test got it wrong" you squeaked. "But surely thats a good thing?" he queried. "Well yeah, but I just feel like a complete idiot" you started crying more and he held you tighter. "Hey shh shh, you’re not an idiot" he hushed. "Yes I am!" you cried. "You’re my idiot" he whispered in your ear. A smile broke onto your lips. "I love you" you hummed. That’s when a smile broke onto his, he pressed kisses along your shoulder, up your neck and just about onto your jaw. "You’re still crying" he muttered. "I know", that made him chuckle. "No but seriously, if you’re still crying that means there’s something else wrong" he mumbled. You ignored him. "Y/n?". "What?". "Is there something else wrong?" he asked. You ignored him once more. "Come on, we tackled the first one. I’m sure we can sort out the second as well" he reassured you. You shook your head "It’s not important" you told him. "Yes it is" he replied. "How would you know?" your voice was weak and your throat hurt. "Because you’re crying, if you’re crying over something then it’s cleary important because it was enough to make you cry" he responded. "Ok but I don’t want to talk about it" you told him. "Ok that’s fine, but I’m still here for if you change your mind". You turned around and hugged him, he held you tight as you fell back on the bed. Your head resting on his collarbone, while he rubbed your arm with one hand and held you with the other.

You were silent throughout dinner, the guys talked about writing, schedules and a girl Calum was seeing. You barely ate anything, you just sat there twirling spaghetti around your fork the whole time. “Are you gonna eat anything?” Michael asked, you shrugged and kept your eyes on the food. “I promise you’ll feel better if you eat something” Calum whispered to you, patting your knee. You gave him a weak smile before shaking your head. A horrible pain began in your abdomen. “I feel sick” you mumbled, running to the bathroom. Gagging, you knelt infront of the toilet. “Is it the booze?” Ashton asked, gathering your hair and holding it so you didn’t get any sick on it. “I can take it from here” you heard Luke say taking your hair from Ashton’s hands. He rubbed your back as you vomitted. “Do you feel any better?” he asked after you got up and flushed the toilet. “Yeah, a lot” you replied before taking a large sip of water. You swished it around your mouth for a bit before spitting it into the sink, you did this a few times then brushed your teeth and got in the shower.

"She’s been sick then she brushed her teeth and now she’s in the shower" Luke told the others as he got the ‘sick bucket’ from under the sink and went to your room.

Walking back into your room, you noticed Luke lying in your bed, you smiled at him then made him turn away while you changed. Once you were changed and in bed next to Luke, he started giggling and trying to kiss up your arms and shoulders. “Were you peaking when I got changed?” you queried. “Maybe a little” he giggled nuzzling your shoulder, you hit him with your pillow giggling too. He squeezed your waist where you were most ticklish and laughed as he watched you squirm and squeal beneath his grip. You both fell into hysterics, swallowing hard and sighing as you came out of it, staring into each others eyes. One of his hands cupped your face before he slowly leant in and kissed you. You kissed him back, your fingers laced in his hair. As the distance between the two of you closed his faded cologne filled your nostrils and made you melt a little, you moaned a bit when the scent hit you. You felt Luke’s lips turn at the corners into a smile when you did. He went back to kissing you and slid his hands under your shirt holding the sides of your ribcage below your boobs. His warm touch made you tingle. He was hovering above you, legs parted, knees either side of your lower thighs. The fabric of his boxers rubbed against the fabric of your own underwear, creating some friction. Luke continued to softly grind his crouch against yours while pulling away from your lips and sucking lightly, at first, on your neck. You rolled your head back groaning quietly. One of his hands moved down and began tracing circles on your upper thigh. This boy knew what he was doing, you thought to yourself trying not to squirm. This went on for a few minutes before you realised Luke was probably waiting for you to signal you wanted to actually take this to the next level. You knew full-well Luke wasn’t gonna do anything until you’d clearly said you wanted to. His lips left your neck. You took this oppertunity. You gagged. He didn’t realise you were faking. He rolled off of you and you leant over the bed and gagged into the bucket. You stood and ran into the bathroom. Sitting on the toilet you sighed putting your head in your hands. Luke was amazing, he really was you just weren’t ready to go all the way, every time he showed signals of going further you began panicking and couldn’t think straight. All day long you’d been getting little stomach aches every now and then, you thought it must’ve been to do with the throwing up and the hangover. When you pulled your panties down to do to the toilet you spotted some red in them. Period. There it was. Stupid fucking period. Couldn’t have come a couple of days earlier. You groaned in frustration before sorting yourself out.