Chapter 10

You stepped outside of your bedroom to hear voices coming from Michael's room, you slowly opened the door. He and Luke stared at you from the bed. Michael looked down in the red bucket on his lap and threw up. "Charming" you said and you closed the door behind you. "Are you drunk?" you asked him. "Well I drank lots of the alcohol and then I was tipsy and then I drank more and I didn't stop until I needed a piss so I came home but I was too desperate to get upstaires so I pissed on a plant and then I was sick in the bathroom and now I'm like reverse drunk so I think I'm at the tipsy stage and then I'll be back to normal. Its really clever y/n, its called reverse drunk" he slurred. "Yeah clever," you murmured, "I think you're still at the drunk stage though actually". He threw up again.

You put Michael in the recovery position so he wouldn't choke on his own vomit. He fell asleep pretty quickly murmuring how he couldn't wait to get up and play his new video game. "Do you wanna go to bed or..?" Luke asked. You looked over at your slumbering brother. "I think I'll stay up just in case something happens" you replied. "I'll go make us some coffee then" he winked.

You stayed up all night talking about your famillies and childhoods, all your biggest hopes dreams and inspirations. It was sad that Michael's room now reminded you of bad things, whenever you walked in you just remembered that night crying into your brothers shoulder like there was no tomorrow. You spoke very vaguely of your attack, you bottled it up, you thought that would help you forget. It didn't. If anything it did the opposite. "So you know the birthday pact we made?" you began. "Yeah? What about it?" he asked. "Well it's just, is it still in place?" you murmured. "You're confusing me, where are you going with this?" he was furrowing his brow. "Well we said if I was still a virgin by my 17th birthday.... but I'm not really" you stammered. He placed a hand on your face "y/n, that's not what losing your virginity is about. Its not about the technical stuff, it's meant to be about giving yourself to, well, usually your first love. Like emotions, pleasure and stuff" he told you. You nodded taking this information in. His intertwined with yours while his other stroked your knuckles. "Look if you don't want the pact to happen then that's fine, fair enough, we don't have to. But if you still do then we can just think of this as virginity loss 2.0," you burst out laughing but quickly contained yourself remembering Michael was still asleep, "you know, second time lucky". You grinned before pecking his right cheek. You were drifting off in Luke's arms when suddenly a loud coughing was filling your ears. Your eyes snapped open, you immediately shook Michael and thrust the bucket under his face. His eyes opened slighty as he spluttered, you pat him firmly on the back between the shoulder blades and he was sick into the bucket once more. You handed him the bottle of water to wash his mouth out with. "What time is it?" Michael croaked, squinting at you. "Umm, half four" you replied after checking your phone.

"Morning babe" Ashton joked as he walked into the kitchen wearing just his boxers and that stupid grin of his. "So what happened last night? After you told me and Cal to fuck off?" he asked you, hopping up onto the counter. "Sorry about that" you laughed as you poured some cheerios into a bowl. "Well Mike went out to like a bar or something and came back at 1am drunk as hell. He threw up 5 or 6 times and stunk out his bedroom, so yeah I wouldn't go in his room it smells like sweat, booze and vomit" you informed him. "Oooh lovely" he giggled. "So have you got a love life right now?" you quizzed biting your lower lip slightly. "Uhhh well there's this girl," he began. "Yeah? What's she like? What's going on there?" you asked excitedly, although he didn't seem to have the same amount of enthusiasm as you. "Well she's great, she's gorgeous, I've liked her for ages but I didn't make my move and now she's with some other guy". He stared down at his hands as he spoke "and I can tell she really likes him and that he really likes her, I want her to be happy I really do but it's making me so unhappy. And to make it worse Im friends with the guy, so I can't say anything bad about him... well I can't anyways he's just a really nice guy. Recently something really bad happened to her and I really wanted to comfort her but she kinda shut everyone out apart from her... er... her... her sister. Her sister was the one who told me." Ashton told you. You nodded thinking about it. "Aww that sucks, but I'm shit at giving advice all I can say is there are plenty more fish in the sea. Plus you have girls practically falling at your feet, what's wrong with them?" you asked. He laughed at that. "Well um I actually slept with someone the other night, I thought maybe it would help me forget about the girl I like. But after the girl left, I actually saw the girl I like, she was the next person I saw and I just felt so guilty and pathetic. I just felt like a worthless piece of shit" he said biting his nails. You hopped up next to him on the counter and put your arm around him. "This isn't gonna last forever though, this is just one tiny weenie insie wincy little bit of your life. And sometimes we have to have bad things happen to balance out the amazing great stuff thats gonna happen afterwards. You're gonna find a gorgeous girl and she's gonna love you so much, she's gonna like all the same music as you and she's gonna be perfect for you" you smiled rubbing his back. "You know you're not that bad at giving advice" he smirked.

"What took you so long?" Luke laughed when you came back with a bowl of cheerios and two coffees. "I was just talking to Ash- he's got girl trouble" you explained. Michael and Luke looked at each other funny. "He didn't tell me there was a girl.. did he tell you?" Michael asked Luke. He shook his head "No he never mentioned it". They were furrowing their brows. "Oh shit I probably wasn't meant to say anything!" you realised, clapping a hand to your mouth. "Don't worry, we won't say anything. If he wants to tell us he will" Michael reasured you.

The door opened, Ashton walked in "Hey, what time am I giving you two a lift to the airport tonight?". "7:30, we're writing from 8:30 and we'll be back sometime tomorrow" Michael told him. "Where are you going again?" you asked. "We're flying to Perth to do some writing and we'll stay in a hotel overnight" Luke answered you, you nodded. "Okay well Cal's going to some girls tonight so he'll probably stay the night there" Ashton said. "Shocker" you murmured under your breath, Michael gave you a slap on the arm shaking his head. "After I drop you two off I'm going to mums to pick up Lauren and Harry. I'm looking after them tonight and I'll drop them home tomorrow probably on the way to picking you up from the airport" Ashton said. "Can I come?" you exclaimed, "I've never met your family" you grinned. "Uhh sure, don't see why not" he replied. Truth was, you couldn't stand being alone since your attack. The quietest noise would scare the shit out of you.