"Not really. I was looking for you actually."

Adoria lifted an eyebrow.

"I mean," Apollo shuttered at his wording, "Aphrodite told me where you might be, I wasn't following you or anything."

The young mortal didn't know how to respond to that, so she said nothing. Turning back to face the ocean, Adoria waited for the god to make the next move. She wondered why he was looking for her but was too afraid to ask.

"I'm sorry, you probably wanted to be left alone." He turned to leave the girl but his steps faltered. Had he really come all this way for small talk and embarrassment? No, say something else you idiot. You are the god of beautiful words and here you are at a lose for them. "That song you were humming, it was...something." For the love of Zeus, why don't you just throw yourself into the sun Apollo, bet it wouldn't hurt half as much as the burn of humiliation does. "Does it have words? Or anything like that? Maybe another verse? Please answer me so that I stop talking-"

Apollo's words fell short as light laughter filled the air. His smile rose like the morning sun, bright and iridescent, ready to begin again. Forgotten was the awkward stumbling of conversation from before as Apollo lifted his arm up, hoping she would take it. And take it she did.

~~~~~~~

"Dionysus is always throwing parties, how is it Persephone and Aphrodite have never taken you to one?" Apollo waited outside the door to the room where Adoria was changing into something more party appropriate. They had finished their walk on the beach and Apollo had been walking the girl home when he'd asked her to attend a festival on practically the other side of Greece with him. A mere hour with her wasn't nearly enough to satisfy the god, he quickly realized he could spend ages talking to her and would still yearn for her presence afterwards. He needed more time, this was how he would get it.

"Persephone spends most of her time with Hades. And her mother doesn't yet know about the two of them, so they're stuck hiding it. I think she feels bad going to places without him, I guess I don't blame her. And Aphrodite is one of my best friends, but she's not exactly the most reliable to attend those kinds of things with. One call from Ares and she's sent running off. I think she forgets that I can't teleport myself everywhere like the rest of you can."

"Well rest assured, I won't leave you for Ares," though she couldn't see him, Apollo placed a hand dramatically over his heart, "however I cannot say the same should Hermes call on me."

A loud laugh sounded through the doorway and then Adoria was standing in front of him. She was dressed in a light yellow dress made of a thin material. Apollo had seen many different versions of beauty in his lifetime, but nothing measured up to her in that moment.

"Hermes is a lucky man." Adoria winked and Apollo melted. "I hope this festival is as exciting as it sounds."

"Trust me," he chuckled, "Dionysus never disappoints."

Apollo was right, Dionysus was never one to disappoint when it came to parties. The festival was going on it's third day, which meant that it was also the village's third day of endless drinking. There was loud music, live plays being acted out, and overall everyone in attendance was having a great time. Adoria noticed couples dancing excitedly as a bard played a fast paced song.

The sun god followed her line of view until his came upon the dancers as well. Summoning up all the courage that he could, Apollo grabbed onto the girl's hand and pulled her toward the other couples. At first Adoria's eyes grew wide and she protested, but it didn't take more than a sly smile from her god to convince her to finally dance with him.