You Wouldnt Know A Good Thing If It Came Up And Slit Your Throat.

Wow! over 300 reads on this story so far, I might cry! this makes me so happy and I seriously want to thank all of you who have been sticking around and reading this, it means a lot to me. Thank you so much.

I woke up to a loud pounding noise and a groan from beside me.

"Pete, if Paige is in there tell her to get ready for school." Joe's voice came through the door.

"ughhh. Paige get ready for school" Pete's sleepy voice echoed Joe's orders from beside me.

"I'm ready for school." I groaned. how the hell does Joe know I'm in here?

"I can take her." Joes voice came from outside the door again.

"go to school" Pete groaned then pushed me out of the bed with his feet making me hit the floor and waking me up at the same time.

thanks Pete.

I stumbled sleepily out of Pete's dark room and was blinded by all the light coming into the living room from the big window.

"fuck! what is with this day moon?" I complained and rubbed my eyes.

"It's called a sun, princess. were already late and the others have already left, let's go."

"just drop me off at my house, I have to change and get my backpack." I said.

-----------

"so how did you know I was hiding out in there?" I asked Joe as he drove me to my house.

"Patrick told me earlier, he wanted me to get you up before I left." Joe said "so what's up with you and Pete?

"nothing were friends. and before you start developing the wrong idea of me too, we didn't do anything." I said.

"didn't ask, didn't assume. I told you, I don't believe you're like that. I just kind of believe your sort of stuck in the middle of Patrick and Pete."  Joe shrugged.

"I am." I admitted.

"Patrick really cares about you. He couldn't stop blabbering about how much he missed you yesterday at lunch. he really is sorry."

"so you're team Patrick then?" I laughed.

" I'm team whoever I think cares about you the most. however, I do believe Pete cares about you too but I think he likes to have what he wants more than anything, and I will bet money on it your going to have your hands full if you get back together with Patrick. One big Pete Wentz shitty fit storm." Joe said.

"their both telling me they love me and its messing with my head so bad. I think I will apologize to Patrick though I was kind of an ass to him last night." I said.

"don't listen to either of them forget either of them ever told you that and step back and just choose whatever you want to choose, if the other one doesn't like it them what ever. hey, did you ever figure out how you hot those bruises yet?" he asked reminding me.

"no, but I remember what happened when I was drunk and Patrick didn't do it." I said.

"then who's left? did someone grab you by the arm at the show maybe?" Joe asked and it hit me.

"Pete." I said

"when you guys were fighting and you made him cry?" Joe asked and I nodded.

"yeah, he was mad at me and pulled me into that empty spot where Amelia found us." I said.

"its kind of funny though isn't it? Pete was going to kill Patrick over something he had done." Joe smirked.

"he's so hot headed" I said.

"and immature" Joe added.

"and has an obvious god complex" I said.

"but he's a very troubled man on the inside" Joe said.

"he's nocturnal" I said.

"and moody" Joe said

"maybe you're right about sticking with Patrick." I laughed

"but Patrick's self conscious." Joe said.

"and a bit over protective." I said

"and he's kind of a nerd, I mean the guy collects star wars figurines and records." Joe said.

" don't you like star wars too?" I asked Joe suspiciously.

" yeah well, were supposed to be comparing Pete and Patrick, not mine." he laughed. as we pulled up at my house.

school went the same as yesterday Pete even came to lunch, but this time he put his hand on my leg under the table. after school I tracked down Patrick on his way to the parking lot.

"we need to talk." I told him.

"okay?" he said in confusion.

" I'm sorry I was so mean last night" I began

"no, you really don't have to apologize. it would probably be better if you just didn't." he said.

"why?" I asked confused.

"I'd just rather not talk about anything with you right now" he said softly. his words were like a stab to the heart.

" yeah, I understand I guess" I said lowering my head in case I started to cry.

"If its alright I think we should go with other people to prom." he said awkwardly. another blow. I decided I wouldn't strike back at him by telling him Pete had already asked me to prom. it wasn't alright though, I didn't feel alright. I knew I was crying this time.

"its cool." I said to him. why did I feel like I was being dumped? I deserved this and I knew it.

"alright." he said "Later" I looked up at him and he was giving me a sad look, then he walked off.

I went home and just cried in my bed. I didn't know why Patrick's words had made me so sad, but I did in fact deserve it.

I decided to just drop off the grid for a couple of days. I ate lunch in my car alone. I didn't answer anyone's texts, I didn't go anywhere after school. I stayed up writing hateful songs and one night I got so upset I threw my guitar in the floor. there were little sounds at my window, but I just turned my light off in response. The only thing I knew I had to do where I could easily be found was band practice. I knew someone would come find me eventually.