I'm gonna kill him.

"Hey! Hey!" I hear, before I feel hands on me. "Break it up!" A man shouts as he pulls me off of Devin.

"Let me go!" I shout, trying to get out of his grip as he gets me to my feet. "Let me go! He raped my fucking girlfriend! I'm gonna-"

"Take it easy, take it easy!" The man shouts, taking my hands and holding them behind my back. That's when I feel metal on my wrists and hear a few clicks.

Handcuffs. Fuck, those are handcuffs.

I calm down almost immediately, taking deep breaths.

"Oh, my god. Oh, god... what did I do?" I feel tears coming to my eyes. I know I fucked up.

"Dr. Reid?" The man asks me. I'm let out of his grip and turns me to face him. "Reid, is that...?"

Officer Stephen Klein. I've worked with him more times than I can be bothered to count over the last fifteen years. He's a friend of mine, and someone who helped me through my first struggle with dilaudid. He was in Beltway Clean Cops with me.

"Turn around, man," He sighs, turning me back around. I hear more clicking and feel the metal leave my wrists.

He's letting me go? Oh, fuck. He's letting me go.

I turn back around to face him.

"Who's the guy?" He gestures to Devin, who's still gripping his face as he attempts to get up.

"I don't know his last name. Devin is his first name. About a month ago, he raped my girlfriend, Alexandria Taylor. I heard that there were hits in CODIS matching his DNA for other rape cases. He has a warrant out for his arrest," I try to explain.

"Alright. Here's what's going on. There's no one else here," He says quietly. "Get in your car, go home."

He bends over and picks something up. The green chip marked with the number thirty. "As an old friend, I didn't catch your face before you ran off," He holds it out to me. "No one's gonna bother looking for you, you beat up a rapist. Alright? Go home."

I nod, taking the chip from him. "Thank you, Stephen. Thank you."

"Go, Reid," He says simply.

I do as he says and run around the block, finding my car, getting in and heading home the long way. My chest heaves as I drive home. I look at myself in the mirror at a stop light and see just how fucked up my face looks. Bloody, and already bruising. My lip is busted, my nose is bleeding. My forehead is bleeding for some reason.

I got insanely lucky that Stephen wasn't just any officer. He let me go.

I could have ruined my entire life just then. Especially if that officer hadn't gotten there when he did. There's no doubt in my mind that Devin would have been dead by the time I snapped out of whatever rage fit I was in. I wouldn't have felt bad, either. Not after what he did to Allie. I could have killed him and walked away with a clear conscience. I beat the absolute hell out of him and I don't feel guilty. He deserved it.

When Allie sees me, she's all sorts of distraught. Seeing just how worried she was and hearing her tell me that I could have gotten in trouble makes me feel terrible. I feel guilty, then. Not for having beat him up, not for almost killing him... but for nearly going to prison and leaving her all by herself. And for worrying her.

She cleans me up and we take a shower before going to bed. During the shower, we get a bit X-Rated. She didn't want me to do anything to her, which was okay. I did feel odd not being able to get her off, but I respect that she didn't want to be touched. I'd never force her.