Allie

It's been a month and a half since I've seen Spencer, and while the letters are nice... they aren't enough.

I read his first letter in my car after all of my classes.

Ma chérie,
Knowing that I can't hug or kiss you anymore kills me. I wish that I could hear about your day as it happens. I keep wondering how your rehearsal went this weekend, what you did to keep busy...
You know, when I was on my way to meet with Barnes, I kept thinking about us moving in together. The thought of waking up with you every morning and falling asleep next to you every night is like a dream.
It was shattered as soon as I walked into her office. Everything fell apart and I cried while driving home. I had to sit in the car for a few minutes to compose myself before coming inside. After you left... I just went to bed and cried. I fell asleep in my clothes, in my shoes. I wished that you were there over and over again. When I close my eyes I pretend you're laying next to me so it doesn't hurt as much. I miss you, and I know that I'm just going to miss you more as time goes on.
You mean the world to me, Allie. Don't ever think otherwise.
I love you so much. I can't wait to read your letter.
Love,
Spencer

I cried like a baby over it, my tears hitting the page and making some of the ink run. I felt bad that mine was more upbeat than his and hoped that he wouldn't think that I was handling it better than he was.

His second letter was...intense. It was basically erotica, which I never knew Spencer was capable of writing. The guy has a lot of hidden talents.

I went to an audition for a band and surprisingly enough, I got in!

Martin, the band's lead guitarist, had been in Fran's the day I did the open mic. He grabbed one of my cards and held onto it, knowing that they were kicking their asshole of a singer out of the band. At the audition, I met Polly, the drummer, and Everett, the bassist.

"So, what happened with your other singer?" I ask them as we sit down after my audition.

"Paul was a fuckin' asshole," Polly sighs, pulling her legs onto the couch to sit cross-legged. "We kicked him out after we found him trying to..." The brunette sighs, running a hand through her tight curls. "Get with a girl when she didn't want to, after a show."

"We were all about to leave and he was outside the bar in the breezeway and we saw what was happening and Martin pushed him off, gave him a few good decks to the face." Everett gestures toward Martin. "Told him to take his shit and go."

"We were getting popular and he was a douche before we were, I think he got a... god complex," Everett sighs. "We don't tolerate that shit."

"Good," I nod. "Good on you guys."

"So, are you from around here?" Everett asks, leaning back on the couch.

I give him a small smile. "Not originally. I'm from Chicago actually, but I moved here for Junior year of high school."

"So, you're about our age, yeah? We're all twenty-one, well, except Everett. He will be in January," Martin looks up at me. "What high school did you go to?"

"Yeah, I'm twenty-one, too. I went to Jefferson high school," I gesture over my shoulder as if to point to the school, even though it's nowhere near here.

"We did, too!" Polly sits up. "We've been friends since middle school. Weird, I don't think we ever saw you." She gives me a confused look. "Then again, we didn't really associate with anyone else. Kept to ourselves, really. We didn't really talk to your crowd."

"My crowd?" I raise an eyebrow at them.

Everett runs a hand through his dirty blonde hair. "Well, it's ancient history-"